Security Installer Community

Mutli-Partitioning Vs Multi-Users

mutli-Partitioning vs multi-users

hi everyone, first let me congratulate you on this great forum/site. Also allow me to apologize in advance for my English, because it’s not my native language!

I got an alarm system installed (by a technician). Because i work with computers i got the remote software to connect to the keypads and "mess around", still haven’t tho, but i am already quite familiar with it! And the keypads access software too.

I got a many doubts that I’m turning into a few ones, perhaps in a couple of weeks they'll be just a couple. But there’s one that is tormenting me, hope someone can give me an insight on how to "solve"/go around it. Many thanks for your help and hope i can first use, then give advise/help here!

Let me try to explain it simple: everything works great; got(technician helped) 5 partitions on a PIMA Hunter pro 832 system with about 15 zones (yeah, lots of partitions to so little zones). Got the COMAX software to run on my PC and connect to it. The partitions are mainly to arm different parts on the house.

The problem comes when my father goes to sleep when no one is around, he arms on a keypad in his bedroom partition 1, 2, 3, 4, meaning all of them but the bedroom one(partition 5) are armed, so he can be safe while sleeping!. I have a master/user code for all the partitions, and when i arrive i have to disarm the system to get in (the keypad only offers a single ON/OFF button), so i enter my code to disarm ALL partitions but instead the system arms the only partition that is still disarmed (partitions 5) meaning i have to enter code again and disarm them all again. If my father is awake jogging/shwering/messing around in his bedroom/bathroom, when i enter my code instead of disarming partition 1,2,3,4, it arms his partition (partition 5) and the alarm goes off! is there a way around it!?

so basically what I’m saying is: is there a way for the default to be Disarm instead of Arm!? I read something like "first in, disarm" and "last out, arm" but it doesn’t state that it applies to all alarm stations!

hope you can understand my english and its not to confusing!

i apreciate the help and really hope there's a way around this issue. i understand i could set myself an access code to manage only partition 1,2,3,4 but it could get really complicated memorizing all of them!

Many thanks again

Frederico

PS-do smoke detectors that are 24h zones have to be allocated to any partition or i can just let them be “isolated”!?

They will need to be on one partition.

I don't know this panel, so can't help directly. Got a manual you could upload etc, as it does sound like you may be able to config around it.

Alternatively you could have 2 codes. 1 that is set to 1,2,3,4 only and use that when comings in when someone at home.

I don't think many of up here will have used your panel as I don't think it complies to our regs

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Never heard of it till now.

Quick search looks like a Visonic hybrid, which means you will be limited on "partitions".

As above James`s suggestion of a manual might get a few heads thinking about a cure for your problem,

Your use of the language is very good, well done, but what is shwering ? Even Google has a problem with it.

Having a shower?

Never heard of it till now.

Quick search looks like a Visonic hybrid, which means you will be limited on "partitions".

As above James`s suggestion of a manual might get a few heads thinking about a cure for your problem,

Your use of the language is very good, well done, but what is shwering ? Even Google has a problem with it.

Having a shower?

lol, meant showering! (having a shower!) sorry,

well, it can be partition into 16 diferent partitions, but i only need 5 (like for only disarming the garage, letting a part of the house armed when in the house, etc).

i understand that my problem sometimes is not a problem and a good thing, like when only a part of the house is armed and i want to leave the house, entering the master code arms the rest of the house instead of disarming the partitions that are armed already, but i use the other more (the maid comes in the house, etc). so i really like the "defaul" to be OFF (disarm).

thanks a lot for the prompt replies

Fred

PS - can you advise me wheter i should allocate the smoke detector to specific partitions or as they are 24h zones i can just let them be?

I`d keep the "smokes" as smokes. Then they would be 24hr.

Option should be there.

Would be good as before to upload a manual. Then we can assist more.

Post a link if you have one.

ok, so i have the installer manual that i got from this site (i also have it on paper and in portuguese):

http://www.electropoint.hu/uploaded_files_fck/pima832(1).pdf

the user guide i got from the manufacturers web site:

http://www.pima-alarms.com/Multimedia/upl_doc/doc_010707_3471.pdf

this system is quite friendly to use with both keypad and COMAX software, although there are lots of thinks i'm still trying to figure out, mostly with the gsm module

thanks again

Fred

Your link for "engineers" is not valid.

The user shows partitions with code or a short cut with a promt 1,2,3,4 ect.

You really need to have the engineer manual for us to assist.

the worlds worst panel, fitted one, still got one in the stores, going on ebay if i get time.

they gave a free panel out, one to each firm. Possibly about 3 year ago.

Im not surprised they left this country as quick as they came in.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived