Security Installer Community

Mutli-Partitioning Vs Multi-Users

the worlds worst panel, fitted one, still got one in the stores, going on ebay if i get time.

they gave a free panel out, one to each firm. Possibly about 3 year ago.

Im not surprised they left this country as quick as they came in.

meh, i aint really a "pro", i just need for it to go off and it has been working pretty well, obvs i dont know any others panels but this one wasnt that expensive. it's not for a bank use probably, but i hope it will be enough for a single house! just need it to "see" the burglars! and sms/call it to me. obvious cause i work with computers i wanted to go a little further and explore this world you live in. i find it realllly coool, but i'm a little confused with so much information on so little time (NO, NC, polarity, partitions, CMS, PANEL). anyways i'm way better than a few weeks ago, but really needed to see if i was able to resolve the partition isues.

If the installation (cables, sensors, etc.) is OK and the PANEL running, do you think i should worry the panel missconfigs or "fries" (not sure if its an english term!)?

well, many thank again

Fred

NO = Normally open contacts. NC is nornally closed.

Polarity is -ve and +ve correctly positioned.

Partitions is groups of zones made to respond to codes or assigned to a keypad.

Pamelis just that.

CMS is reporting.

Lost me on the last bit, do ypu mean the "smokes"?

eheh

meant "smokes"!

well the other terms i meant to say i know them already and understant them all (well, almost all probably) :) but appreciate the quick explaining words! i even know how to install a sensor with EOL! (NC or NO) thanks to google and this forum.

really hopping someone figures my partition problem part! how is it on other panels? (panel with ON/OFF on the same button, cause if theres a ON and OFF button its quite easy!))

I odnt think you want to be using partitions. That appears to be for split system use. I assume you have 1 building?

Maybe a plan would help as i dont fully understand what you want to achieve

Thanks to Adi for posting the engineer manual here

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/files/file/311-pima-hunter-pro-uk-installation-manual/

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i think its doable, but maybe not. i'll try to explain better.

i have 5 partitions including about 15 zones. no zone is assign to more than 1 partition.

like Z1, Z2, Z3 -> part 1

Z4,5,6->part 2

Z7,8,9->part3

Z10, 11, 12, 13, 14->part4

Z15 ->part 5

when i arm (with a partitional code) it arms Z1, Z2, Z3, Z4 and keeps Z5 not-armed.

when maid gets and in enter a master code (assign to her and for all partitions) to disarm the system, instead what it does is arm partition 5 (everything getting armed) so she has to enter it again to disarm.

if someone is moving in the partition 5 while she's getting in the system will start the alarm.

what i needed is that the master code could actually have a default for un-arming. so she would get in, enter her code, and disarm all the armed partition instead of arming the only partition that is un-armed.

well, i hope this explains but i think my english is a bit confusing

many thanks

Fred

Look at the post called Primo.

Be here all night trying to explain :D

Prima sorry

cant find that post! i dont mean to trouble you, but appreciate the help!

thanks

PS- myself have to go to sleep!

OP i think oxo is refering to post in the restricted trade area. As a non trade member you wont be able to see it.

But

Partitions are designed for split systems, ie image 4 seperate buildings with a keypad in each.

What you want to do is part set. But this panel doesnt have the number of part sets you need.

If you have a single normal house (ie 1 front door) then you do need part sets then it will work as you want.

Looking at your manual you have a full set and 3 part sets. If this is acceptable for your arming req id suggest a reprogram to part sets instead of partitions.

Even on a very powerful panel partions would work as this panel does and would assume you wanted to arm the unalarmed partition.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived