Security Installer Community

Damn Cheek

Guest Oxo

Just hopped downstairs to check the mail and a nice hand delivered envelope, addressed to downstairs.

However it was not downstairs in this road, it was destined for across the road.

On it was a nice little note saying BAILIFF, we are going to remove the vehicle in the drive at 18:00 unless you pay £595.

Turns out its an unpaid parking ticket.

Rang the nice gentleman on his mobile (the bailiff) and informed him of the fact that this is not the correct adddress. To give him his due he did appologise.

Then suggested " Could you take it across the road for me"

Thats when he got told to do something else with the letter.......................................

Just hopped downstairs to check the mail and a nice hand delivered envelope, addressed to downstairs.

However it was not downstairs in this road, it was destined for across the road.

On it was a nice little note saying BAILIFF, we are going to remove the vehicle in the drive at 18:00 unless you pay £595.

Turns out its an unpaid parking ticket.

Rang the nice gentleman on his mobile (the bailiff) and informed him of the fact that this is not the correct adddress. To give him his due he did appologise.

Then suggested " Could you take it across the road for me"

Thats when he got told to do something else with the letter.......................................

The cynic in me tells me it was a deliberate action. He could just tip up, take vehicle and say he hand delivered letter. If a genuine mistake quite what he was gonna do at 6 pm if he couldn't get the correct house would be interesting.

they only lift the car if the car is worth it afaik, i remeber i didnt pay a fine, ended up being about that much, as my plate is private they thought it was an old car. Came home to it being boxed in on my drive, and as he had called the truck 'which was coming and could only be cancelled by paying there and then' i paid it and made sure to pay them when they are £30 in future

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

they only lift the car if the car is worth it afaik, i remeber i didnt pay a fine, ended up being about that much, as my plate is private they thought it was an old car. Came home to it being boxed in on my drive, and as he had called the truck 'which was coming and could only be cancelled by paying there and then' i paid it and made sure to pay them when they are £30 in future

Depends who issues the 'ticket'.

Assuming parking - If council, wardens or plod, check for discrepancies, if none, pay.

If issued by a private company, file letter/invoice in back of draw and forget all about them. When junk mail follow up arrives, have a laugh and file them away too. Bailiffs won't be coming via them.

It was a council issued ticket from what I saw.

Now this is interesting, looks like the same company that were after the old tennat downstairs. I`m wondering if he just saw the area and postcode and just went here direct.

Anyway a tow truck wont get down here, nor as it happens the property across the road, wich I can see from here!

is sending a mate with the letter to tap & the door & ask for the cash, really that wrong :rolleyes:

or take the car, then post the letter, that will give you a few days to sell it, while car owner is arguing with baliff that hes taken the car.

(do low lifes ask for V5)

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived