Security Installer Community

LG GDK-16 KSU

Service Engineer

Just got me an LG GDK-16 KSU with 2x LKD-30D Key telephone units.

The Programming Instructions make the unit look super complicated to set up.

Might have a go at fitting it next weekend :)

How is this unit rated for a small home phone exchange...?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Excellent peice of kit.... I love all LG gear! Although you do need to have a an SLT interface for the fax machine and other SLT devices but it has 2 built in.

Personally my favourite is the GSX 816/1832, very stable bits of gear but bloody bulky. The new style phones for the GDK gear are nice.

For a home its seriose overkill as im sure you only have one line, and this can support 4 analogue lines or 4 ISDN chanels (I think) and numerous extensions.

I am a repair engineer in an authorised LG repair centre where we deal with all the LG telecom products, GSX, GDK, and the new LDK systems, I find the systems very reliable and easy to configure (complicated if you are new to the systems) we mostly get faults where systems get damaged by lightning but they are mostly repairable after that as LG have designed the line cards well (no one can avoid an act of god!), the products are normally damaged by the customers! (Must be a lot of bad phone calls! Then they take it out on the phone! or in LG terms

David Avery.

My Webpage

Excellent peice of kit.... I love all LG gear! Although you do need to have a an SLT interface for the fax machine and other SLT devices but it has 2 built in.

Personally my favourite is the GSX 816/1832, very stable bits of gear but bloody bulky. The new style phones for the GDK gear are nice.

For a home its seriose overkill as im sure you only have one line, and this can support 4 analogue lines or 4 ISDN chanels (I think) and numerous extensions.

18721[/snapback]

The GDK 16 can support a max of 6 ISDN lines with a STIB2 (2 on board and 4 on the STIB2 (thats when you are using no analogue lines!)

The GSX 408/816/1832 are very old systems now but we still support them! They only work with GSX 4 wire analogue keysets (and SLT's). The GDK and LDK digital range of systems are much better they can be configured to work with the old GSX keysets and the KD or new LKD range too!

David Avery.

My Webpage

mmm.... think I might have to invest in a GDK, just to play! Ive got the entire GSX manual, in a massive ring bound file..

Do LG still send out update ammendments to the GSX systems as I aint seen any new ones for a while!

• 7 months later...
Guest martingregg

Dave, Anyone,

I am trying to get a manual for programming a GDK 34. I have installed many a few years ago but since leaving my last job - 5 years ago, some details have slipped my memory. More precisely, I need the COS programming urgently, evrything else, I can pretty much work out.

Thanks in advance. banghead

Martin Gregg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TKSYS
I am a repair engineer in an authorised LG repair centre where we deal with all the LG telecom products, GSX, GDK, and the new LDK systems, I find the systems very reliable and easy to configure (complicated if you are new to the systems) we mostly get faults where systems get damaged by lightning but they are mostly repairable after that as LG have designed the line cards well (no one can avoid an act of god!), the products are normally damaged by the customers! (Must be a lot of bad phone calls! Then they take it out on the phone! or in LG terms “key set” poor phone.)

So if anyone needs advice on LG phone systems please ask, I have been working with them for the past 4 years!

19080[/snapback]

I keep a lot of older systems going over here in Melbourne, Australia

Have just installed a GSX816 which was donated to the client

On longer cable runs the keystations give a burst of feedback as the handset is replaced; also when talking using the handset you can hear the caller coming through the handsfree speaker on the station even though the handset is offhook

Although this only happens on stations with a longish cable run, they are still within the 150 metre limit in the manual

Has anyone seen this problem before and/or know of a fix?

cheers,

Rob Horman :no:

Sounds more like a handset or CCU problem than cable length. Have you tried just swapping ports and handsets to see if the problems stay on the same ports\handsets\cable runs. Think that'd be my first move just to make sure it's not coincedence.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TKSYS

Thats the odd thing; tried two different handsets at the remote end but got same problem. Even tried swapping to another keystation port on a different card but same result.

Both handsets worked fine when connected back at the main equipment.

Someone else here has suggested the cable run between buildings may be standard quad and not twisted pair which they say could increase the chance of crosstalk between the data and voice circuits. I'll have to check the manual to see if one or the other type is specified, but I doubt it would be the case with an older analogue system.

Thanks for the suggestion; will keep trying to track down the problem

cheers,

Rob Horman

Tern Key Systems

Archived