Security Installer Community

Master Blaster...... Indoors.

itesecurity

You have not heard the alarms go off then.

I "skimmed" your post, someting some are more guilty of more than others before ethey repy. So accept the correction willingly.

yes i have acutually, as at the time i was attending it was for the intruder alarm system, which back then was with honeywell shield,

the fire alarm was faulting (i have no idea why and newly installed by a another company), the racket meant i was not over keen to stay an risk my hearing, i was thankful the unit i had to access they had no keys available, so sign here and left.

i'm guesing the fire alarm sirens were something made by klaxon, but i'm no fire alarm expert and no way was i interested in getting any closer to have look at the name on them, all i know is it made one hell of a noise, and extrtemely painful.

my hearing at the time was pretty accute, enough to hear the harmonics of ultra sonics, so i knew without a meter if they were working, and even if the transducer was intermittent, i could detect if they were drifting off frequency.

i remmeber my skull and ear canals simply vibrated fom the sound pressure, wile we may not be overly concerned about intruders well being, we always have to concider the possible health hazards we might cause to the inocent ones, throw in that could be kids the kids of the client, i'd think long and hard about taking such risks

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Fitted the system today, customer wanted the master blaster sited where it could be seen, argued with him for a while about the downsides of doing this as the room has a low suspended ceiling. He finally gave in and it is now installed well up above the suspended ceiling so it cannot be tampered with easily and also to reduce the db a little, it's still pretty loud. Also installed 2 internal SAB's for back up purposes if mains power is killed. After watching me install a door contact the customer informs me that they are replacing said door with a steel affair next week, why could he not have told me that when I was doing the system design. :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted the system today, customer wanted the master blaster sited where it could be seen, argued with him for a while about the downsides of doing this as the room has a low suspended ceiling. He finally gave in and it is now installed well up above the suspended ceiling so it cannot be tampered with easily and also to reduce the db a little, it's still pretty loud.

I could argue both ways here.

Below the ceiling = PRO: louder to scare off sooner CON: Easily found and maybe destroyed.

Above the ceiling = PRO: Harder to find CON: Quieter, Intruders cause a hell of a lot of damage in the process of finding it.

I have seen a whole office area trashed including the ceiling tiles just because the intruder searched for the blaster (call out 2:30am). They spend so long searching they didn't take anything!

Also installed 2 internal SAB's for back up purposes if mains power is killed.

Like the idea of Internal SAB's harder to destroy but fairly loud.

After watching me install a door contact the customer informs me that they are replacing said door with a steel affair next week, why could he not have told me that when I was doing the system design. :banghead:

Typical!

Archived