Security Installer Community

Master Blaster...... Indoors.

itesecurity

I am doing an install this week in a Snooker hall, bells only. The guy had a break in and they forced open the gaming machines and escaped with around £1200. He says he wants a master blaster installed inside the snooker hall. No problem, but how loud is this thing going to be inside. My guess is if he doesn't unset in time and it goes off, firstly he is going to s**t himself, and then he won't be able to remember his code to unset. Any of you guys had any experience of master blasters in enclosed areas ??

I am doing an install this week in a Snooker hall, bells only. The guy had a break in and they forced open the gaming machines and escaped with around £1200. He says he wants a master blaster installed inside the snooker hall. No problem, but how loud is this thing going to be inside. My guess is if he doesn't unset in time and it goes off, firstly he is going to s**t himself, and then he won't be able to remember his code to unset. Any of you guys had any experience of master blasters in enclosed areas ??

fitted a few for same reasons (customer wants, gaming machines etc). didnt do timed set/unset though. lock set or fob.

think maybe word going round abt blasters in that industry, cos wernt our suggestion (smoke).

oh, and would add...

last blaster system was completely seperate to existing monitored (attempted breakin, not actual but spooked owner). thats 3 rm's..

fitted a few for same reasons (customer wants, gaming machines etc). didnt do timed set/unset though. lock set or fob.

Suggested fobs etc because of the risk of not unsetting in time but he insisted he only wants codes for each keyholding member of staff. I told him he may have to do a risk assessment and supply them with earplugs under the health and safety of work act :P

Suggested fobs etc because of the risk of not unsetting in time but he insisted he only wants codes for each keyholding member of staff. I told him he may have to do a risk assessment and supply them with earplugs under the health and safety of work act :P

get him to sign a disclaimer, you recommended etc...

Correct, four 12v sounders in as backup.

got mini sab sounders on ours, strobe set can be seen from outside (as post above, monitored there already)

Archived