Security Installer Community

Time To Retire?

james.wilson

i always loved the story of the woman trying to copy a picture by putting the image to the monitor screeen - not on the scanner :rolleyes: .

i was working yesterday in a house where one of the jobs was a GSM gate opener. excellentkit but the instructions are diabolical, so i've wrote up a 'simple user guide' for entering/deleting allowed numbers, emailed it on in advance.

so i get there do the usual hello's floor show, ask how he got on with programming numbers, no good he says, followed your instructions to the letter, but keep getting 'bad number' reports, i'm puzzled so i try no probs so take him though it.

and bless, where i had put 07nnnnnnnnn to represent the number - guess what he typed in 07nnnnnnnnn to 30 ser locations :rolleyes: ,

you simply could not right it, i was giggling like an idiot every time i thought about it all day, had to go outside to the van 'for kit' to have several good heavily surpressed sniggers :P .

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I had the same problem once.

After installing an alarm system,(Even after demonstrating the system to the customer...)

Later that evening I had a phone call from the customer saying that they read thru

the user instructions and tried changing the code number... In the manual it was 1234

but said you need to enter your new number as XXXX on the keypad.

They complained cos there was no X's on the keypad!

Alarm systems get the blame for all kinds of noises..

One call out I had was of a constant beeping from an alarm system...

Turned out to be a battery going flat in a mobile phone.

Another callout was cos a customer said that every time they slammed their front door

shut the alarm was triggered.

At the house I slammed the front door shut and sure enough there was a siren triggered

but it was coming from the toilet next to the front door.

After a search in the toilet I found a vase on the window cill and in there was a

personel attack alarm. It sensed the vibration from the door slamming shut and was triggered!

Archived