Security Installer Community

Homelink 75

kfpel

So to recap.

Sometimes on part setting the landing causes an exit fault. Does it do this immediatly on arming or has the system started to set and the client is activating on the way to bed?

Also what is the latest firmware version and what is in this panel?

i don't know this panel [personally, but surely a simple panel with a simple 'zone attribute' setting not correct is at issue?

my thinking is old Scanny 9800 as example, used to be you declared the zones to be 'On' in a particular part setting (B & C), could easily set say 'C' and for nothing protected, is this newer panels prorgramming vastly diferent in the way it acheives part sets now?

on Gardtec you declare the zones to be 'Off' in part sets, otherwise they are 'On' in all part sets by default, which imho is the preferable way once you get used to it. when done, then it don't matter if the landing PIR is in 'alarm' when part setting is started, or happens part way through the sequence, should not even cause a change in the exit tone/bleep surely if off?

having a Landing pir tbh is near mandatory in most dwellings, so set properly to be 'off' in part set is where i would be looking. otherwise, where say the hall pir is 'off' in part set, how ever would you part set it? cry.gif

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

arf, id agree. It looks like a panel issue to me. Cant see its programming else it wouldnt work at all.

Did have something like this on an early gal 2-20 wireless and had to set the pir zones to auto reset as sometimes the sensor didnt send the reset signal. This was reloved in a later firmware.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

arf, id agree. It looks like a panel issue to me. Cant see its programming else it wouldnt work at all.

Did have something like this on an early gal 2-20 wireless and had to set the pir zones to auto reset as sometimes the sensor didnt send the reset signal. This was reloved in a later firmware.

i don't agree with you lol!

i think it is a programming issue, from the manual i leeched elsewhere, lets say the landing is on a 'NORMAL' zone, it is declared off 'OFF' buy inputing the part sets that the zone should be turned off in within the attributes, and i think that has been done wrong by the o/p (no critism intended, bet we have all been there).

i'd also suggest concider making the landing as an ACCESS (or what passes for a walk through zone on this panel) and not a NORMAL zone.

i do this to prevent false alarms on windy or chillier days, from being caused by a warm house the thermal caused by colder air swirling up the staircase, just after the front door is pulled closed, which can cause the landing pir to intermittently activate,

usually happens a few moments after setting (which gives it away ;) )..

as my mate Micheal Caine once said "do you know - not many people know that?" :P

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

You mention M programming, on the Homelink A is full B is part C part D part. I assume your not thinking "0" is automatic full set as in M Series.

I have attached an alternative method as held by one of the reps, which he kindly let me have.

Might help.

cheers for the info, but unfortunately I don't have permission to view that file :-(

Is it possible to send stuff by PM on this forum?

As far as setting - the customer either presents a fob to the panel, then uses the up/down arrows to select whether to set or part set OR uses the relevant button on the telecommand.

assuming 714 you need to make landing access.

That's what tech support said - and I did it. That worked for about 18 months, now fault has come back again. Befuddling.

So to recap.

Sometimes on part setting the landing causes an exit fault. Does it do this immediatly on arming or has the system started to set and the client is activating on the way to bed?

Also what is the latest firmware version and what is in this panel?

Just checked my download (which is from July 09) - panel version is 3.03. Hard wired into the panel is just the phoneline and mains, with one wireless SAB in addition to the sensors.

It does do it when the customer goes past the sensor (ie not immediately).

If you cannot open a word document in open forum, how will you in a PM?

errr.......its now working. Sorry for confusion and thanks again for the info.

Archived