Security Installer Community

Concept 6 Alarm Moving Rkp

spank

Hello,

I have a Concept 6 alarm and wish to move the Remote keypad from it's current position.

I have the installation manual but am worried about the tamper spring when I remove the front case of the RKP to get at the fixing screws.

Is there a procedure for removing the front case?

I'm just a bit worried about setting off the alarm and not be able to turn it off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards,

Darren

Your code should suffice to shut down any tamper activations.

HP has a point if you short the supply the SAB will run off, hopefully for 15 mins unless....................no timer fitted. Just be careful when removing the power to the RKP and when either lengthening or shortening the cable. We work "live" all the time as its quicker. Might be an idea for you to pull the fuse anyway.

Thanks very much,

Until I get the front of the panel not sure whether I have to extend the cable run to the RKB.

So I can remove the front case and my code will deactivate the tamper until i refit the front case? That's great.

If I do need to disconnect the 4-way to the RKB is there a procedure for shutting the system down?

Ie. do i need to do anything to the bell? As HP mentioned I may need to get the ladder out? Does it have a fuse?

Or do switch off the mains supply then go into the main CPU and remove the fuse?

Will this procedure mean I lose all my settings?

cheers,

Darren

Good practise if your unsure is to remove mains supply by pulling the fuse from the spur.

Your settings should remain the same.

To avoid going up the ladder try this, Remove the keypad cable from the alarm panel ( After stopping the tamper activation). That way the SAB (External bell) will still have power and not activate.

Still remove the fuse from the spur, that way no error`s might harm you.

• 1 month later...

Good practise if your unsure is to remove mains supply by pulling the fuse from the spur.

Your settings should remain the same.

To avoid going up the ladder try this, Remove the keypad cable from the alarm panel ( After stopping the tamper activation). That way the SAB (External bell) will still have power and not activate.

Still remove the fuse from the spur, that way no error`s might harm you.

You sure? i'm pretty sure it'll default, i'm 99% sure it has no NVM. Also with a Concept the keypad could have zones wired off it iirc, depending on model

Archived