Security Installer Community

Trade Shows

r24977

Stopped going to IFSEC a few years ago due to the same sort of experience as the O/P i.e reps only interested in talking to each other or suits. I went with an Engineer who was working for me at the time & although we were tidily dressed we had just come from a call, all we seemed to get was acknowledged & then ignored on most stands so after about an hour we walked out in disgust & have never been back. IFSEC used to be a friendly event, not anymore it seems.

Andy

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Forums are the new black.

ask around, make a few choices, then call firms & ask to see rep/ask for foc courses/demos/trial kit etc.

never mind the suit, can go commando on the net, ask arf..

Thought most Manufacturers had stopped running training courses?

Andy

No we have regular refreshed training from the manufacturers. Depending on the product and your facilities etc they will come to you or you can go to them.

We do have to pay for some of them but usually it pays for itself quite quickly with time saved on the first problem we now don't have etc.

I also think there will be more manufactures providing training videos etc. I've got a few coming and will let you know when there in the media section.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

No we have regular refreshed training from the manufacturers. Depending on the product and your facilities etc they will come to you or you can go to them.

We do have to pay for some of them but usually it pays for itself quite quickly with time saved on the first problem we now don't have etc.

I also think there will be more manufactures providing training videos etc. I've got a few coming and will let you know when there in the media section.

Thanks for that James, any good access control courses around?

Andy

Archived