Security Installer Community

Elk M1 Gold Connection Help

buckchucko

I'm trying to design my HA project for my new home in China. Going with lighting, security, cams, whole house audio and video distribution. Will also use iPads for control.

I am using Visio for designing and have this layout

post-6868-080602600 1280392281_thumb.jpg

Does this look in anyway correct for the wiring and connections? I greatly appreciate all your input. I want to be sure before I pull the trigger and order all this Elk stuff.

looking at that i dont think you need any inpt from us.

Never heard of it before, but seems you could do that with a high end intruder panel. Does it have media integration?

great idea, he could have 3048 different setting tones or chimes with the SAB belting out lady Ga Ga ;)

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

looking at that i dont think you need any inpt from us.

Never heard of it before, but seems you could do that with a high end intruder panel. Does it have media integration?

This is about as high end as it gets. The Elk M1 is a security panel with access control, network and serial comm, built in integration to lighting, audio, video control. Also has speech reconition, voice feedback, and IF, And,What and Then logic programming out of the box. Remote programming and control via iPhone, iPad worldwide. It will interface with many HA software packages for even more functionality. I'm trying to get it all layed out now to automate my new home build.

surprised Arf has not fitted them.

:P

not my scene, i have been asked to both design and install in the past, but imo its a veritable box of worms so steered clear.

way to much inter dependency of vital systems to a core controller, i know its done but i personally i'd really wonder why other than to look 'swanky' to your mates.

me being tone deaf don't help my cause for the HiFi side either :)

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived