Security Installer Community

Qi Wireless Power Standard Finalised.

The Wireless Power Consortium have confirmed the Qi standards has been finalised. This no means manufactures can produce equipment that can be recharged on a Qi base. This standard is expected to take over for devices such as mobiles laptops etc. Im hopeful that this will allow us to see wireless keypads that can now be feature reach and easily rechargeable. Palm recently achieved this with the touchstone charge for its pixi etc handsets.

Do we see pagers, wireless pa's and keypads adopting this standard?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Still got all mine ya bassa :P

Well one Crown.

Oh and 2 at back destroyed by a kick in the mouth playing football so had them removed!

at IFSEC about 3 years back i noted the Tracam's stand, they make cameras that run on tracks (doh!).

i was interested having installed 9 tracks of the original incarnation to an APC.

the track then had a continuous pcb (with 5 tracks) laid on to the supporting metal track, contact was by wiper springs with PTZ camera slung underneath on the motorised cart.

this arrangement caused many issues due to friction from the wipes cracking the segment connections, and there was no slw start so as son as you touched the move button full power sent to the wheels from a standing start, caused a lot of damage to the cart, wiper brushes and track.

now they were now using inductive charging for the cart and i believe the controls and video are also using induction technology.

so not just used in consumer products like pagers (crickey are they still available?) ipads, laptops and phones, but be interesting to see the 1st model trains or scalextric cars using this.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived