Security Installer Community

Plasma V Lcd

Adi

I heard a few scare stories when plasma first came out, are they still dodgy or is lcd still the way to go?

Im thinking of fitting an LG one

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I have had a 42' plasma for years now, never had a problem with it on the. The missus leaves static images on it for houses on end, never had a problem with burned images. But that said, it is 5 or so years old and in comparison to my fathers setup (42' Samsung LCD) the picture quality of mine is piss poor!

That said, if I were to purchase a new TV in the near future I would most defiantly buy an LCD TV.

i do beleive that plasma as a technology is supposed to offer better images than lcd, i think its to do with contrast ratios and light output, same as above. Old man has a 42" hitachi plasma (great reviews at the time) its gotta be 5yr old ish, no burn no dead pixels and looks better than most hd sets i see.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i see an episode on i think of the Gadget Show last year, did several side/side comparisons, end up reckoned LCD's had really caught up and was in some cases much better.

i bought an Eversham Aquina (Eversham now defunct) 42" LCD, 18 months back. just can't fault it, Xbox games are awesome on it, including using its own sound.

also have an LG 32" in dinning room not anywhere near as good (both full 1080p HD spec).

what about LED, not seen one in action yet, but it is the future is it not?

bit like upper end Hi Fi, if you can really tell the difference (visually) - spend the dosh!

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

what about LED, not seen one in action yet, but it is the future is it not?

Arfur

apparently not, LED is just a light source for LCD rather than a new technology.

just buy whatevers cheapest at Tesco this week - decision made for you.

arf as ias says led are just different backlight units, still lcd based

however

oLED is what you want and is the future. I want my new phone to have an oLED screen, more power efficient too, better in sunlight etc etc.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived