Security Installer Community

Bsia Welcomes Government Plans For Cctv Regulation

As the new coalition government publishes its plans for civil liberties in the UK, the British Security Industry Association (BSIA)'s CCTV Section has welcomed plans for a further focus on the regulation of CCTV and calls for the new Government to work closely with key stakeholders, including the BSIA, in its decision making.

Released last week, the coalition document sets out the agreements reached between the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats on a range of issues that required urgent resolution in order for the two parties to work effectively together.

Civil liberties form an integral part of this agreement, with the regulation of CCTV cited as one of the new government's key priorities.

Pauline Norstrom, Chairman of the BSIA's CCTV Section, comments: "The BSIA has a long track record in working alongside the UK government to advise on CCTV, most recently to influence the formation of the National CCTV Oversight Body and appointment of an interim CCTV regulator.

"Regulation represents a key step forward for the industry in terms of the development of national CCTV standards, image quality and training, as well as improving public understanding of CCTV technology and its capabilities.

"The BSIA has been very active in this area, making significant contributions to the work of the National CCTV Strategy, and as such, the Association hopes to continue to advise the coalition government as it plans to further develop this area. It is hoped that the government will continue to engage with industry in order to ensure the effectiveness of such developments.

"CCTV is vital to the protection of our society and the security industry is dedicated to ensuring it is used responsibly."

Taken from the BSIA

For discussion please see the Standard and regulations area in the trade areas.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Mr Clegg, who is overseeing the government's political reform plans, said he wanted to "transform our politics so the state has far less control over you, and you have far more control over the state".

'Centralised'

This would include scrapping the ID card scheme and accompanying National Identity Register, all future biometric passports and the children's Contact Point Database. It would also ensure CCTV was "properly regulated" in future and the storage of innocent people's DNA restricted.

It would also ensure CCTV was "properly regulated" in future and the storage of innocent people's DNA restricted.

I smell a new tax

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

I smell a new tax

I cant see how theyre gonna do it? You can buy and install your own CCTV system atm how can they Police that?

There is no evidence that CCTV is used for wrong doing, and even so whats the worst it can do. I think CCTV is a useful tool in the prevention and investigation of crime. Regulation of CCTV is like taking the wheels off Police cars

I cant see how theyre gonna do it? You can buy and install your own CCTV system atm how can they Police that?

There is no evidence that CCTV is used for wrong doing, and even so whats the worst it can do. I think CCTV is a useful tool in the prevention and investigation of crime. Regulation of CCTV is like taking the wheels off Police cars

I think it should be regulated Better. I Know the DPA was an attempt at it. But i do think it would be beneficial if there was maybe an end to self regulation on CCTV?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived