Security Installer Community

Galaxy To Send Txt On Alarm

Ive got a Galaxy 500 panel - on V2.16UK (Not sure if this is G2 or what), ive connected the telecoms module to it and am just wondering if the system is able to send me a txt on alarm activation ?

The comms mod only cost a few quid so Im not to bothered if it wont.

The other thing is, I have a G2 RS232 Module, also connected to the comms mod (very pretty blue light) and that is connected to the laptop via serial to usb converter. Gla Gold should allow me to build the system then fire it over to the alarm in this way wont it ?

Sms via the coms mod is only available on V4.00 or above on classic gals.

If you're using the G2 RS232 lead with the (very pretty blue light), that only works on the g2 systems.

If you're buying you kit off flebay, sell it back and get a pro in to fit pro equipment.

as above the G2 232 module wont work on a classic, you need a 232 module for that panel, and then yes you could use gal gold.

Also you do need V4.xx+ for sms on the main panel, plus a new comms mod.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Sms via the coms mod is only available on V4.00 or above on classic gals.

If you're using the G2 RS232 lead with the (very pretty blue light), that only works on the g2 systems.

If you're buying you kit off flebay, sell it back and get a pro in to fit pro equipment.

Why?

enforcer

They are a favorite amongst installers, i think that one guy has a particular hatred for honeywell for whatever reason.

There has been no detail as to why he dont like it, for all we know it could be he doesnt like the grey colour of the panel.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

enforcer

They are a favorite amongst installers, i think that one guy has a particular hatred for honeywell for whatever reason.

There has been no detail as to why he dont like it, for all we know it could be he doesnt like the grey colour of the panel.

In fact I just got my panel back from the sprayers!

Dont worry - it didnt cost me anything ... the case was a tad tatty but I know a man who can. He is also going to tidy up the metal rios Ive just brought.

I did have the option of getting it done in other colours too, but went for that standard colour.

So the comms mod is just for monitoring via arc ... oh well, I'll sell that with the G2 RS232 (and the trigger lead which I dont know what thats for) as I already have the RS232 Module to be used through GalGold.

Edited by TheEnforcer

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...