Security Installer Community

Unbreakable Mobile Phone

magpye

Ok, perhaps not unbreakable (would be good though), but very tough.

I'm looking for all the usual - water/dust & shock proof, Camera, MP3, Radio.

Not interested in altimeter, laser pointer, compass etc

Been looking around, not much luck though, one shop said 'they are not made', I left.

Possibly spending a reasonable bit of money here so I would rather have a hands-on experience first rather than buying from the net.

Any help appreciated.

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

sonim / jcb fones are good but we've had ton problems with software issues and locking up

swtched to samsung solid m110 but hteres a new version out solid II no hassles they work simple and

unbreakable, reminds me of claims o vandal proof domes that can withstand sledge hammers etc.

f f s - they probably would not withstand a rough cloth without scratching them...

yeah they may not break, but whats the point of a cam thats looking through a mess of scratches?

• 1 year later...

What has been forgotten is the only unbreakable phone in the world.!

Get the employees to pay for the handset themselves , you pay the usual business calls they for private.

Bet that one lasts longer as if its broken they renew it.

an alternative is a decent splash proof camera case, our local 99p shop sell them, has a belt loop which if used reduces the damage caused by being crushed in a pocket or dropped from a ladder podium :whistle: .

or you can get the clear plastic bag type case, designed for use on the beech against sand, and also for swimming for a few £'s on Ebay,

has 3 easy seals (like you get on cathederal cheese bags) and is claimed you can swim with phone fully protected - but i bet a real bugger talking when under water :unsure:

to give you an idea, i use one for when i'm on my Motor Scooter, my phone is used as my sat/nav. so to see it i've mounted a cheapo car cradle to the handlebars. given our weather, it protects the phone against any unexpected rain fall or puddle splashes, and you can still operate the buttons through the clear plastic window.

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

What has been forgotten is the only unbreakable phone in the world.!

Get the employees to pay for the handset themselves , you pay the usual business calls they for private.

Bet that one lasts longer as if its broken they renew it.

this makes good sense to me, last firm i worked for paid 50% of any tools you needed (before VAT), when you left if 'owned' over 6 months they were yours to keep.

worked brilliantly, you got to select the kit you actually liked to use i.e. like some favour AEG others DeWalt, and it solved two issues, one being the engineer on leaving would usually 'forget' to hand back equipment anyway, and you had a personal investment in the kit so you were more careful to keep it and in good condition.

A POSSIBLE problem i can see in these modern 'no win no fee' ambulance chasing days, if an accident did occur, say bouncing the phone of a customers head, who would be liable due to split ownership, you or the employee? and was it recently 'calibrated' PAC tested etc etc :rolleyes:

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived