Security Installer Community

Diy Install Of A Texecom Premier 24 Kit

Yoda

Hi,

im in the middle of trying to install the texecom premier 24 kit into my house, i got as far as buying the system, opening the box and cracking the seal on the installation manual.

after reading the manual over 20+ times, im still no where near closer to knowing how to wire, where, what, how, when etc....

i have 8 sensors going into the system, 5 pir's and 3 door contacts, i wish for these to be indevidual zones, so a simple wire from the sensor to the zone board is what i need, however the manual dont say how to do that. plus i have 2 control panels, but i have worked out how to do them, just the wiring of the main board for the 8 sensors, the wiring for the actual pir's and the wiring for the door sensors, if you can help, i would be really happy!

thanks in advance!

You really should have gone for something like Yale or Responses kit's. It sound to me you haven't a clue what your doing and have bitten off more than you can chew. My advice really is get someone in to do it or send it back. As the premier is a proffesional panel which we use for most of our install's. You may damage the panel if you don't know what your doing mate

Do you have a multimeter? If so you put your meter across the silver contacts there should not be a reading, bring the magnet close it should go to short, if they don't keep trying terminals till they do. Connect these to the same terminals as you did the PIR alarm contacts on the panel. For the anti-taper you don't say whether they are flush or surface & whether they have an extra set of contacts in them to detect them fastened to a surface in the case of flush. So it's difficult to advise you on that, not knowing the panel I don't know if each zone has it's own anti-tamper or a global anti-tamper, if it has it's own then anti-tamper will go to the device & then back, if it's global you need to daisy chain all the anti-tampers together.

GET OUT CLAUSE:- I do not know this panel, I do not know if you can damage it, what I have given is general advice & may or may not be suitable for your instance, so you take the advice at your own peril.

Alan...

Archived