Security Installer Community

Diy Install Of A Texecom Premier 24 Kit

Yoda

Other than the utter frustration in trying to find it. :lol:

For DiY (Destroy it Yourself) by far the the easiest way is 'double pole'

2 wires for the 'contact pair' (A) & 2 wires for the 'tamper pair' (T) from each contact point back to the control panel.

In the case of a detector of some sort, 6 wires, the two extra ones are for the 12v supply needed.

This method is shown explicitly in the Premier 24 Installation Manual, page 17 of my copy, look for the Double Pole drawing

magpye

Agreed

Other than the utter frustration in trying to find it. :lol:

2 wires for the 'contact pair' (A) & 2 wires for the 'tamper pair' (T) from each contact point back to the control panel.

In the case of a detector of some sort, 6 wires, the two extra ones are for the 12v supply needed.

This method is shown explicitly in the Premier 24 Installation Manual, page 17 of my copy, look for the Double Pole drawing

magpye

only thing is,the premier 24 8 zone box has 2 terminals not 4, so only 2 wires are needed

only thing is,the premier 24 8 zone box has 2 terminals not 4, so only 2 wires are needed

Have a look at the Expander Layout in the manual, it will show you ( page 14, in my manual )

Zone 1 has (A), two terminals, (T), two terminals

I think as has been said before, you need an alarm engineer, this job does not seem to be for you.

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Yoda, guys here have fitted hundreds of systems & seen hundreds of Q's similar to yours about fitting systems.

Remember the above and remember these were the 1st 3 replies in order to HELP you not FLAME you :

Texecom have (as far as I know) the best install manuals of all manfs.

As John Wayne said : "A mans got to know his limitations"

Bite the bullet & find a local company/engineer to help you IMO

cheers

C.

pro gear is not designed for diy use.

Id probably suggest if your that lost you find a local installer to help you out.

You really should have gone for something like Yale or Responses kit's. It sound to me you haven't a clue what your doing and have bitten off more than you can chew. My advice really is get someone in to do it or send it back. As the premier is a proffesional panel which we use for most of our install's. You may damage the panel if you don't know what your doing mate

"He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened."

You've tried DIY now it's time to GAMI

"Get A Man In"

:yes:

Have a look at the Expander Layout in the manual, it will show you ( page 14, in my manual )

Zone 1 has (A), two terminals, (T), two terminals

I think as has been said before, you need an alarm engineer, this job does not seem to be for you.

magpye

Perhaps I should elaborate a little

(A) = Alarm terminals, 2

(T) = anti-Tamper terminals, 2

= 4 terminals, 4 wires for Double Pole wiring, the easiest way to go

AUX 12v (between Zones 2 & 3 are for the 12v (+&-) feed to your Pirs)

Yoda,

I apologise, I must be having a Blond Day :banghead:

I thought you were talking about the 8XP Zone Expander, not the panel.

Let's have another go shall we?

You need the End of Line connections, as on my page 17 of the manual, with the resistors wired as per the drawing.

The middle of the three is the one you should be looking at, 1 Normally Closed Device - IGNORE the top connections to (A)&(T), that's the expander I was talking about.

The middle refers to the two at the panel you are talking about

Hope this helps, this time, let's make up :kissblush:

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

ok, thanks to everyone who helped, and im not having a go, just trying to fully understand and so far your all doing a brilliant job!

again thanks!!

now following on to what has been said, i "think" we might still have crossed wires on understanding, now i accept i might be wrong, you guys after all are the more experienced! lol

now on the main board inside the master box, not the control panel or expander, the master box, there are 8 zones built onto the board, each zone has 2 wire terminals, not the 4 as people are saying, which is where the confusion is, as people are saying A+T wiring but the master box does not detail any A+T terminal per zone, just 2 simple terminal per zone, labled z1 -> z8....

now how can i wire 4 cables into 2 terminals as people are sugesting?

again thanks to those who have helped so far, i understand that this is not your diy kit, but i want to do this myself, its a personal thing!

now on the main board inside the master box, not the control panel or expander, the master box, there are 8 zones built onto the board, each zone has 2 wire terminals, not the 4 as people are saying, which is where the confusion is, as people are saying A+T wiring but the master box does not detail any A+T terminal per zone, just 2 simple terminal per zone, labled z1 -> z8....

Are you calling the Keypad the Control Panel?

It's NOT the Control Panel, it's a Remote Keypad, an on/off switch if you like, it is wired TO the Control Panel where the 8 (2 terminal) zones are, does that help a bit?

Okay I'll stick my neck out & expect it to be shot at I'm not a terrible experienced installer as most of my stuff has been access & CCTV but here goes.

As I understand it there are 2 ways to wire the alarm & anti-tamper

4 Wire

2 wires go into the terminals on your main board, they go to the device & are connected across the alarm circuit, be that in the PIR or door contacts

2 wires go from the panel, this maybe separate terminals on the zone or you have to daisy chain all the zones together in a global tamper, these then go to the device. Effectively, if somebody removes the device or cuts the wire your panel will know this. The problem with this system is you do not know which circuit has the anti-tamper problem so diagnostics canbe fun.

2 Wire

Only 2 wires go to the device, it uses resistors in the device, you put a 4K7 resistor across the alarm circuit & wire it through the anti-tamper as well like has been described before. You will normally have to tell the panel you have wired it this way. The panel will monitor each circuit, it will see the resistance of the line to the device, if the alarm circuit is triggered the resistance will change & the panel will see line resistance plus the 4K7 resistor & know it must trigger. If the device is removed or cable cut then it will loose all resistance & know it's anti-tamper. The advantage of this is the panel will tall you which circuit & whether it's triggered or anti-tampered.

On a small system it's not hard to diagnose so 4 wire is easier to install, but on a large system it could be a nightmare.

Alan...

Yoda, guys here have fitted hundreds of systems & seen hundreds of Q's similar to yours about fitting systems.

Remember the above and remember these were the 1st 3 replies in order to HELP you not FLAME you :

"He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened."

You've tried DIY now it's time to GAMI

"Get A Man In"

:yes:

GAMI hehe I Like It lol

magpye

Hi magpye,

I'm just in the process of deciding whether to get a prem24 or an excel for a DIY install. I like the radio fob you can add onto the prem24 so that might swing it... But looking at this PDF http://www.brewtime.co.uk/images/item/772.pdf it says the prem24 doesn't support double pole, either that or they forgot to colour the dot in. I take it the PDF is wrong, as your manual says it does, or - I'm missing the point and it means something else ?

cheers

Ars

Prem 24 or Excel-there is no comparison-the 24 is way superior panel as far as domestic install goes-and is more than suitable for a business/commercial application-if you reckon you can do it go for it!.

Hi magpye,

I'm just in the process of deciding whether to get a prem24 or an excel for a DIY install. I like the radio fob you can add onto the prem24 so that might swing it... But looking at this PDF http://www.brewtime.co.uk/images/item/772.pdf it says the prem24 doesn't support double pole, either that or they forgot to colour the dot in. I take it the PDF is wrong, as your manual says it does, or - I'm missing the point and it means something else ?

cheers

Ars

Prem 24 supports double pole, zones need to be programmed as 'normally closed' and tampers need to be series wired and connected to auxiliary tamper terminals.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Prem 24 or Excel-there is no comparison-the 24 is way superior panel as far as domestic install goes-and is more than suitable for a business/commercial application-if you reckon you can do it go for it!.

Hi Rulland - but why is it superior ? Is it just tougher ? I'd want the metal one. I can see with the extra zones and extenders etc it'll cover a larger site than the Excel, but I don't need that. It's for a 4 bed semi. I like the extras I can bolt on when I feel like it, specifically the radio fob and receiver.

Anyhow, what about the double pole thing ? The Texecom website says it won't do double pole either, but the manual says it does ??

http://www.texe.com/view.php?page=34&view=features# <-- no double pole !

Thanks breff. Didn't see your reply hiding above mine there.

No Problem

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• 3 weeks later...
ok, thanks to everyone who helped, and im not having a go, just trying to fully understand and so far your all doing a brilliant job!

again thanks!!

now following on to what has been said, i "think" we might still have crossed wires on understanding, now i accept i might be wrong, you guys after all are the more experienced! lol

now how can i wire 4 cables into 2 terminals as people are sugesting?

again thanks to those who have helped so far, i understand that this is not your diy kit, but i want to do this myself, its a personal thing!

Wire your pir zones in the panel with two wires in E.O.L. which has been explaned before with the resistors in the pirs. The door contact doesnt have tamper so just wire the two wires from the zone on the panel you are going to use to the two silver contacts on the switch. When programming the panel you will have to set the pir zones to E.O.L and the door contact will be set to normally closed(or open cant remember which).

Archived