Security Installer Community

Tamper Circuit

jimgironde

I am hoping you guys can help me please!

I have a Scantronic 9448+ which I put in 4 or 5 years ago.

I haven't used it for the last year although it has been live, just unarmed.

I am decorating and wanted to move a PIR detector so took its cover off to get at fixing screw!! I thought all I would get was an internal alarm but I got full external sounder for 20 mins and could not turn off using my user code.

My control panel now has the tamper light on. None of my PIR's "wink" at me as I walk through the house.

How do I reset the tamper light on the control panel and get the PIR's working again.

I thought perhaps I had got my user code wrong (don't think I did) and went into programming mode using 7890 engineer code and changed the user code using command code 21, but made no difference.

Please tell me something simple to do!!

sounds like you have blown your 12v supply. Im assuming you moved the sensor and or cut a wire without powering it down?

I moved the PIR /undid its cover without powering down, didn't cut any wires.

Lights are on the panel and if I disconnect mains supply, it appears to have battery backup as lights are still on control panel with the power light flashing?

My control panel now has the tamper light on. None of my PIR's "wink" at me as I walk through the house.

How do I reset the tamper light on the control panel and get the PIR's working again.

12V aux fuse on the panel - cannot remember if they're not "resettable" fuses on these, in which case you need to power the system down fully and power up again.

Probably best to ensure you haven't created a short somewhere if you've cut any cables, or taken them out of terminals and put them back in with tails hanging out.

I thought perhaps I had got my user code wrong (don't think I did) and went into programming mode using 7890 engineer code and changed the user code using command code 21, but made no difference.

Nope - system would still be sounding at you if your code was wrong.

Please tell me something simple to do!!

Phone an engineer? :whistle: Replace the fuse, would be a best bet......

Bill.

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

what is the best way for me to power down without setting off the alarm again for 20 mins, don't want to upset the neighbours too much!

My user codes wont turn off the alarm, is this because of the tamper fault, and will the code work again when the fuse is changed?

I am still confused about my user code?

It wouldn't turn the alarm off which ran for the full 20 mins. So I thought I would change it which I did using option 21 from the engineer program command list. It seems to recognise the new code because when I start a "walk test" it recognises the new code by setting the system for the test (the test itself doesn't work presumably because the fuse is blown!!) It doesn't recognise my old code for the walk test.

My confusion is that the manual seems to contradict itself. It tells you how to change the user code using option 21, but elsewhere states that if the code has been forgotten you have to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?

Thanks for all these replies, very much appreciated.

Archived