Security Installer Community

Tamper Circuit

jimgironde

Guest old-hand

I`m going to be brutal here ( some say I am Anyway)

Pull the fuse, make sure the mains is off, and bin it. Buy something that will do far more for not a lot more. Then test all your wiring and fit the existing.

It is a fine panel, just past its sell by date.

I appreciate I could be an intruder asking for disabling info!

I just want to put the system back working again.

Two questions which hopefully wont give you security concerns!!

At the moment the sysyem is on, is unarmed, and has the tamper light on. If I do nothing for the rest of the day, it is not likely to go off again is it?

I caused the problem and it rang the bells for 20 mins, hopefully it can't do it again until it is fixed?

I assume the safe way of working is to open control panel, alarm goes off, turn alarm off quickly with user code, leave control panel open and then work on PIR's?

When you remove power to an external sounder (as you have done by blowing a fuse) it will sound for 20 mins but will not trigger again unless you apply power then remove it again so it should be ok now.

If I were you I would do any other work you need to do before you restore power then carefully check that you have no shorts before replacing the fuse.

Doing what you suggest will work but better to enter engineer programming mode. (detailed in your manual) But be aware that there will still be a 12 volt supply at the PIRs and causing a short will give you the same problem even if in engineer mode.

Lawandorder, thanks for that last reply.

Will the fuse always blow with a tamper circuit fault (me opening PIR)?

No, opening a pir should not blow a fuse, it is more likely that you accidentally shorted some wires out as you did it but if you are convinced that you didn't then it is possible that the internal sounders (which would activate when you removed the cover) could blow the fuse.

Guest old-hand
No, opening a pir should not blow a fuse, it is more likely that you accidentally shorted some wires out as you did it but if you are convinced that you didn't then it is possible that the internal sounders (which would activate when you removed the cover) could blow the fuse.

Opening a cover would not cause a fault unless the installer was a complete muppet.

Internal sounders would not blow a fuse either unless the muppet was totally ignorant of security systems.

I assume this has gone off before, no fuses blown?

Someone who is conversant with security systems is now required IMHO. Guessing as Law is will not help you.

but is it only speculation that the fuse has blown?

Yes to be fair it is only speculation but the fact that all your PIRs are now dead coupled with the fact that your external sounder activated and you couldn't turn it off indicates that your 12 volts supply has gone.

Given that you still have LEDs on the panel it is likely that it is the fuse which protects the aux power output which has blown.

Easy enough to test it with a meter.

Guest old-hand
off topic replies & comments removed.

As said in removed, PM please guys,

cheers

was in pm.

person tried to make it public

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Archived