Security Installer Community

Dailler Phone Connection

dogzb

The Tex install guide for the speech dialler clearly shows line in and line out to OTHER points ie it WILL ATTEMPT to seize the line :whistle:

This doesn't seem to be the case for external voice diallers from what I've been able to find out from the minimal installation (or even features) data (!!!) on these products ... they typically connect in parallel with the phone.

From the (excellent) Texecom manual :

"The Speech Dialler ....... (is) connected to a standard telephone line and behaves like another

extension to the telephone and does not affect its normal operation or that of any other extension fitted. UNLESS IT'S ATTEMPTING TO DIAL OUT ITSELF And it's diagram clearly shows this.

Telecom connection of a speech dialler for security has to be a key feature, I don't understand why it isn't clearly stated in the product features list i.e. "line seizure support" and not (where at all) down in the (often non-existent) documentation.

Honeywell ADE Informa, Menvier SD1+ (SD2 looks similar), Texecom and Risco Gardtec speech diallers don't seem to support this.

The JGD unit has line and phone connections but whether this is just feed through or supports line seize is not clear - and it uses 9V batteries for backup so not my choice anyway.

The Pyronix Vocaliser supports it .... but only on the relayed version, and it's not clear how to identify the relayed version.

I've ordered a Gardtec Eurosec CPX panel, I'm hoping that as part of a dedicated security panel it's speech dialler will support this.

Why if it were just in 'parallel' with other sockets ie 2 and 5, are there not just two conns on the dialler instead of R,T,R1 and T1.

Richard.

The Tex install guide for the speech dialler clearly shows line in and line out to OTHER points ie it WILL ATTEMPT to seize the line :whistle:

Why if it were just in 'parallel' with other sockets ie 2 and 5, are there not just two conns on the dialler instead of R,T,R1 and T1.

Richard.

I don't know (else I wouldn't be asking). Here's a link showing the installation diagram.

http://www.texe.com/view.php?page=39

Clearly shows the phone connectin in to the master in parallel with the dialler.

Unfortunately that is just a 'general' schematic diagram that illustrates the principle of the connections.

For 'real' the connections are a little bit more in depth-if you have the install guide for the Tex dialler it shows it in more detail-though granted there is no mention of 'line seizure'-I think the manufacturers assume that the installer would be competent enough to realise-hence the 'in' and 'out' to other equipment.

PS That isn't meant to sound derogatory Dogzb :rolleyes: .

Regards Richard

I only said that they don't SEEM to support this - I don't have axe to grind, just a dialler to find (poetry even :rolleyes: ). I was hoping you trade guys might have access to more comprehensive documentation which would prove otherwise.

The Informa (which I was on the point of ordering) explicitly state that a series connection facility is

not provided - this is what started me down this rat hole in the first place as from the previous answers I expected diallers in general to.

manufacturers assume that the installer would be competent enough to

Regards Richard

A good engineering truth for you, "theres an ASS a U and a ME in assume".

And my skin is thick enough, I can prove competent. Informed is another thing and getting hold of the right info is what I'm trying to do. FYI I've been playing about with electrons and wires probably a lot longer than some starting up securit fitters that these 'manufacturerers' assume are competent to use partial/imprecise documentation.

Trade members do have access to trade literature-and as thus we cannot give them out for obvious reasons.

I have put the relevent info as far as the dialler goes in previous posts-and as stated, my last comment, I was not aiming any remarks at you directly.

Regards,

Richard.

... granted there is no mention of 'line seizure'-I think the manufacturers assume that the installer would be competent enough to realise-hence the 'in' and 'out' to other equipment.

Regards Richard

Richard, are you SURE about the Tex?

I've worked in high voltage and then automotive electronics for a number of years where assuming the wrong thing can == someone dead, or, to mis-quote your profile info "from here to (the) infirmary!" :D

I have just spoken to Tex Tech! and they confirm that if wired first in line with all secondary sockets after-the dialler will attempt to seize the line and disconnect any other devices downstream.

Hope this is all getting you somewhere Dogzb cos that's what we attempt to do.

Regards,

Richard.

Trade members do have access to trade literature-and as thus we cannot give them out for obvious reasons.

I have put the relevent info as far as the dialler goes in previous posts-and as stated, my last comment, I was not aiming any remarks at you directly.

Regards,

Richard.

'

Richard, honestly thanks for your help and your time. I really have found you and your peers support in this forum very helpful and am grateful.

It's a bit tricky picking the right gear without access to the right documentation. While I understand some of the security reasoning behind it I still think that this could be improved by manuafactureres getting their features lists more detailed - so not neccessarily how it works but what it can do precisely. As I said, line seize seems a key feature fro dialler but some models don't support it ... so how can you 'assume' for other models when it's not listed?

dogz_b

Yep, that's enough for me - think I'll buy one.

Again, thanks for your time.

also regarding line sieze etc. A voice dialler is a low security device. It wont have some of the higher security options and this may include at a basic level line seize.

Horses for courses, right tool for the job etc. If its anything other than low risk dont use a dailler

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived