Security Installer Community

Dual Tech Detectors

dogzb

Hi.

I'm just specing a wired domestic system using mostly movement detector sensors.

Regarding an open plan stariwell and lounge layout with large south facing window area with a patio door into a bright, hot conservatory (and the only practical location for one sensor in the room is pretty much straight at this). Most of the time there will be a curtain over the patio door so it should not get strong sunlight changes in any case however I'm investigating using dual tech PIR/RF detectors to avoid possible false alarms from any of the windows (which from this forum I understand is a possibility).

I was wondering if multiple dual tech sensors in the room might interfere with each other? Is this why Bosch Blue Line Tritech is available in 3 different RF frequencies?

Alternatively, would going for quad PIRs be as good for avoiding possible false alarms from south facing windows / patio doors?

cheers,

dogzb

If the dualtecs were on exactly the same freq then they could interfere with each other. But its very rare you get units on exactly the same freq anymore. The tritechs are only available in one freq in this country. I beleive they use diff freq around the world. This may be for licence issues i dont know.

But in your situation you want a dualtec

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

pironixs DT units come in 4 MW freq range's red, blue, pink, green, defantly use DT save you alot of problems, most can have range reduced so get some one out side to walk about and then turn down intill the MW led dose not triger

Whatever dualtech you use test and adjust it to meet your requirements.

Even if you have to spend a while adjusting the sensitivity, once correct you will not have any problems.

Walk testing the unit like the above member said untill the unit works for your needs etc.

!

Archived