Security Installer Community

Sending Detector Alerts After Hours

Hooner

Alright chaps,

Apologies for asking what I am sure is a simple question, but we don't do monitored CCTV so have never had call to set this up, until now.

We have a site that has 6 redwalls (1 per camera), these are wired directly into the DVR in order to trigger recording.

The site would like to have some sort of SMS / email alert solution configured so that whenever a detector is triggered out of hours, the owner is notified.

I'm assuming we will have to wire the PIR's into some sort of panel similar to an intruder panel, so that alerts are only sent when the panel has been armed?

How is it done with the transmission stuff, i.e Adpro and Heitels? i.e how is the unit told to transmit signals to the ARC?

Sorry, that's two questions isn't it :unsure:

Thanks

adpro unit just needs set output from panal repost in trade or pm me for more info

We have done this with a GSM dialer and some watchout detectors.

Watchouts connected to a Galaxy 18 with links for the presets on the domes there are 4 watchouts in total. The detectors are also connected one per channel to a GSM dialer that sends the customer a text when the detector tripps providing the system is set.

We fitted a prox reader on the gate to the car park so our customer sets/unsets when he lockes the gates.

It has been fitted for over 2 years with out any problems at all.

Note: He can also connect to the DVR via his N95 phone, so when he gets a text he checks the area of the detector that tripped.

maby easy way see if the dvr your planing on useing has advanced input so on set from alarm switches to alarm mode and then setup email notification over lan on alarms.

We have done this with a GSM dialer and some watchout detectors.

Watchouts connected to a Galaxy 18 with links for the presets on the domes there are 4 watchouts in total. The detectors are also connected one per channel to a GSM dialer that sends the customer a text when the detector tripps providing the system is set.

We fitted a prox reader on the gate to the car park so our customer sets/unsets when he lockes the gates.

It has been fitted for over 2 years with out any problems at all.

Note: He can also connect to the DVR via his N95 phone, so when he gets a text he checks the area of the detector that tripped.

What GSM dialler did you use Whistle.

Sound ideal does that!

I am almost sure it was the cqr one.

The one that the engineer instructions are almost imposible to understand.

We got it from enterprise, looks like a 9500 lim box.

I think there are 2 things you may be gatting at hooner (but i may be wrong)

1. Small risk stuff with dvr sending email or text on alert etc to user and they view (maybe on a mobile or laptop etc)

2. Proper remote monitoring to an ARC

If 1, then as above we would usually put some redwalls, watchouts, opal elites etc on their own group on a galaxy. This would then text the client when activated. Then they fire up their mobile and view the site to see if its genuine etc. We can also send stills or short vids via email and mms if needed. but most go for the first option as push email is flaky on large files (and takes too long IMO)

If 2, then you will be looking at adpro, smartdisc etc. Adpro IMO is the best but as with everything i isnt cheap. YOu would either wire all your sensors directly into the adpro fast trace (using eol) or as we do wire them into a galaxy and then use links etc to trigger the adpro.

I prefer using a gal as it gives us much more flexibility over the life of the system, however in the past on small systems we have omitted the galaxy. Also if using presets there is a small delay if using the gal as it links, so you might be .5s behind the detector

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived