Security Installer Community

Robbed Again

victim

I have been broken into 3 times since january with no help from the police. I bought my house 2 years ago only to find that 7 sockets and the burglar alarm not working. It took a while and much damage to locate the fault.

A cowboy builder had put a nail through the cable feeding said items whilst boxing in the boiler pipework. Now I can get power to my alarm system but have refrained due to no manuals and not knowing what will happen.

I require manuals for an old A&G Avenger Micro3 Delux. Yes I have read the Engineer posts regarding handing out manuals and can see both sides points of view. As a competent builder and computer techie with a diploma I am hoping someone will help me to secure my investment and get this alarm back online.

Information if it helps is: Front main panal is white metal with a black and gold flush top section containing a single 3 zone switch. An on off and test key is to the bottom left corner. inside is a label with "The A&G Two Zone Expander" on it.

The battery has Dave Parks 7/2/89 written on it. I assume Mr Parks is an engineer and the battery is now duff.

I would appreciate any help and by email please. Thanks Victim

Yes i would say your battery is long had it.

IM afraid i know nothing about that panel and can offer no further help. However it is old. Very old you may be better replacing it with something like an accenta or optima gen4 as id say it will be much cheaper in the long run.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

You will struggle to get a manual for that panel I would think, it is very old and so simple that most engineerrs wouldn't bother keeping a manual even if they still worked on them.

I think Redbull is absolutely right, change it!

If you are determined to try and fix it put the key in the test position, this disables the tamper circuit and the panel should show lights for any circuit in fault.

Guest RJBsec
I have been broken into 3 times since january with no help from the police.

I wouldn't expect the police to help you get broken into!

Seriously the A&G panel is what Noah used to alarm the ark, it really needs replacing, just like the battery.

I wouldn't expect the police to help you get broken into!

Seriously the A&G panel is what Noah used to alarm the ark, it really needs replacing, just like the battery.

They're quite helpful where I live, they keep themselves busy issuing FPNs for speeding and actively avoid burglary hotspots! lol

They're quite helpful where I live, they keep themselves busy issuing FPNs for speeding and actively avoid burglary hotspots! lol

:lol:

very true though ;)

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Thanks for the advice. Will get a new unit fitted. By an Engineer. :rolleyes:

Cops never sent CSI and on third time even hinted I did it myself?

Yeh right, I love smashing windows in my kitchen and breaking plates etc.

Thanks again. Victim

mate, the genereal advice on here is to change the panel or get it changed, its outdated, and like has been said and you could have a new panel, bell box and detetors, better still get a installation company to do the system upgrade and let them take the worry if it doesnt perform.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived