Security Installer Community

I Am Installing A Fire Alarm System

Hi guys

Some help please I am installing a fire alarm system to a old building which is flats and has been for the past 30 years , which is owned by the council

Now was going to install and category L3

Can install addressable or conventional generally ctec with Apollo heads

Which are sounders break glasses smoke detectors in communal hallways and stairwells

And smoke detectors in hall of flat and heat detectors in kitchen

Now the problem I have will be false alarm IE the drunk in flat 3 comes in drunk and sets off the panel as he has burnt his toast

The system is screaming ect :whistle:

All tips accepted

Thanks for reading past

cheers

Please take this the right way.

If you are asking these questions ..... you should not be designing this alarm. You may well be the best guy in the country at installing, but designing the system is a different skill set and if it is wrong people could die.

.... nothing else to say .

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Hi guys

Some help please I am installing a fire alarm system to a old building which is flats and has been for the past 30 years , which is owned by the council

Which are sounders break glasses smoke detectors in communal hallways and stairwells

Now the problem I have will be false alarm IE the drunk in flat 3 comes in drunk and sets off the panel as he has burnt his toast

All tips accepted

Thanks for reading past

cheers

First things first, are you installing to L3 on your own initiative or is this the recommendation from your clients official fire risk assessment?

think I was a bit late there AG

Please take this the right way.

If you are asking these questions ..... you should not be designing this alarm. You may well be the best guy in the country at installing, but designing the system is a different skill set and if it is wrong people could die.

.... nothing else to say .

the recommendation from my clients official fire risk assessment

know i am am anewbie

but alarm guard you are a sma-t XXXX

just a spark useing the forum for help wich i thort we all helped each other i work for a firm and they desigin it

but alarm guard you are a sma-t ars-e

No I'm not, and I resent you saying so. Take a look at my other posts ... I don't seek to belittle people, but you need to know the gravity of the situation .... and if you don't believe me take a look at BS5839 and see who should design the fire detection system.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Guest RJBsec

know i am am anewbie

just a spark useing the forum for help wich i thort we all helped each other i work for a firm and they desigin it

I see you are out to make friends :rolleyes:

If your firm has designed the system why not put your concerns to them and ask them how they want it overcome?

know i am am anewbie

If your company designed the system then they will have taken into account any potential false alarms and given a solution for same.

You'll find if you give as much info at the start then people won't take the wrong end of the stick.

Hi guys

All tips accepted

Thanks for reading past

cheers

It's possible to program some systems to delay sounders in all areas, just activate sounders in area/floor local to the alarm then to attempt an auto reset, if this is successful then all goes quiet, if the alarm activates again withing a few seconds then a full alarm is initiated and the building evac'ed. This sort of programming allows for the 'burnt toast' unwanted alarms which are quickly sorted out by the flat owner by opening the doors and flapping a towel around.

All subject to a RA and possibly agreement of the fire officer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

It's possible to program some systems to delay sounders in all areas, just activate sounders in area/floor local to the alarm then to attempt an auto reset, if this is successful then all goes quiet, if the alarm activates again withing a few seconds then a full alarm is initiated and the building evac'ed. This sort of programming allows for the 'burnt toast' unwanted alarms which are quickly sorted out by the flat owner by opening the doors and flapping a towel around.

All subject to a RA and possibly agreement of the fire officer.

ctec panel will do that

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived