Security Installer Community

I Am Installing A Fire Alarm System

Last week we had a letter from Rafiki offering us a free 2 zone panel if we went and looked round their factory. It hit the back of the bin sharpish. I keep saying this - Rafiki is a good idea, but their quality is s*ite. As most muppet sparkies are now fitting it, we are getting quite a lot of repair work on it, quite profitable! Long live Rafiki (Stu) so long as someone else is installing it!

Fire Member

Last week we had a letter from Rafiki offering us a free 2 zone panel if we went and looked round their factory. It hit the back of the bin sharpish. I keep saying this - Rafiki is a good idea, but their quality is s*ite. As most muppet sparkies are now fitting it, we are getting quite a lot of repair work on it, quite profitable! Long live Rafiki (Stu) so long as someone else is installing it!

Sounds a bit desperate!!

I hear the Suzuki Liana factory has offered a similar arrangement but have assured anonimity!

Not a fan of 2 wire, Kentec/Ctec everytime for me.

Back to the thread this will need some serious cause and effects setting up to minimise falses

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

Not a fan of 2 wire, Kentec/Ctec everytime for me.

Back to the thread this will need some serious cause and effects setting up to minimise falses

Depends what two-wire it is - HAES with Apollo is a good combo.

C & E wouldn't be that bad but,not being sure of the size of this project,cost may be an issue with regards to equipment so non-addressable may be more suited.

Depends what two-wire it is - HAES with Apollo is a good combo.

C & E wouldn't be that bad but,not being sure of the size of this project,cost may be an issue with regards to equipment so non-addressable may be more suited.

Agreed about non addressable which is why i mentioned Ctec for that. although can't comment on the HAES, Down to personal choice i suppose! just had bad experiences with 2 wire thats all. always prefer addressable with faults as saves down time etc.

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

Agreed about non addressable which is why i mentioned Ctec for that. although can't comment on the HAES, Down to personal choice i suppose! just had bad experiences with 2 wire thats all. always prefer addressable with faults as saves down time etc.

HAES are a bit more expensive than C-tec but ya get what ya pay for (imo).

Certainly an addressable system has a higher system integrity over a non-addressble system but there's still a market for them and the two wire approach optimizes it.

Archived