Security Installer Community

Samsung Svd-4600 Vs Pecan Pc760hlt

marx

Hi,

I recently had change to but my hands on Samsung svd-4600 and Pecan PC760HLT True Day/Night EXview! And i really cant see why some say that svd4600 is a great camera. Colour picture isnt sharp and clear like with Pecan. B/W picture is nice and camera is sensitive at low light but thats about it. I changed settings but its not going any better and i cant really believe that camera have 560TVL, my old vantage dome 520TVL had better colour picture then samsung!!

Pecan is a great deal!! Clear and very sharp colour picture. Camera switching to B/W like 15-20 min later then my other cameras. at night nice clear picture, nothing bad to say at all, IR are ok to 20-25m. If im right they are bouth under

id check the low light performance and resulting noise in the image against the two. Also you will probably want the camera to chnage to mono sooner rather than later, ie the longer its ion colour mode when it shouldnt be its missing imporant detail. We tend to program cameras to chnage sooner rather than later.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

thats as maybe but did you try a moving object in front of the camera during this time. im sure you will find issues. Also when a lens has its iris fully open (as it would need to stay in colour mode at low light then there is virtually no depth of field (ie focus is only in one part of the image. Where as droppin gto mono with its increased sensitivty allows the lens to close its iris slightly increasin g the depth of field. Also ensure the pecan isnt (i dont know the unit at all) slowing shutter speed (ie to 1/25 or 1/6th) to allow it to stay in colour mode longer. If so this will result in a useless image if any movement occurs (think of those moody shots of cars/city scenes wjere the shutter has been help for 30 seconds.) if there is no movement it will look great....but if there is movement it will look like a ghost. I have seen some cams drop to 2sec shutter speed. Loos awesome and can provide full colour during virtually total darkness.... but if anything moves lol

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Interesting comments from Marx.

We've tested the Pecan PC760HLT and found it to be only average.

We compared it with the Samsung SIR-4150 as this is a closer match....i.e. both "bullet" camera design and both built in IR's. The Samsung wiped the floor with it.

Regarding the Samsung SVD-4600 we had one of the first available in the country and have one permanently on our test bed. We've subjected it to all conditions, e.g light levels, extreme weather, vandal attack and its proved to be one of the best vandal domes out there.

IMO Samsungs latest fourth generation chipset really does take some beating.

Interesting comments from Marx.

We've tested the Pecan PC760HLT and found it to be only average.

We compared it with the Samsung SIR-4150 as this is a closer match....i.e. both "bullet" camera design and both built in IR's. The Samsung wiped the floor with it.

Regarding the Samsung SVD-4600 we had one of the first available in the country and have one permanently on our test bed. We've subjected it to all conditions, e.g light levels, extreme weather, vandal attack and its proved to be one of the best vandal domes out there.

IMO Samsungs latest fourth generation chipset really does take some beating.

The gauntlet has been laid down!

System Q Ltd.

I think Pecans picture is better! They r bouth connected to my JVC 609 dvr and im talking about live picture! Samsung have very soft picture and its like slightly out of focus(and its not going any better).Its like try to compare high quality Panasonic camera with some no name cheap camera, thats how it feels like!! Mabe there is something wrong with my samsung camera!! I will try to upload a picture later on. Thanks for replays!!

Interesting post

especially as ADI Global seem to be pushing Pecan at the moment :whistle:

And im not working for ADI! i dont even know anyone of there

Archived