Security Installer Community

Simple Part Set

Stue

I have fitted a Honeywell Accenta alarm panel in my home with no problems.

I would now like to install a system in my elderly mother's house.

I would like to arrange a simple way of setting a part/night mode, something like a single button on an upstairs keypad.

I want to avoid the complication of entering a PIN then selecting the relevant program.

I cannot find a way to do this with the honeywell panel ( I have looked at Galaxy also).

Has anyone got any suggestions.

Stuart

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have fitted a Honeywell Accenta alarm panel in my home with no problems.

I would now like to install a system in my elderly mother's house.

I would like to arrange a simple way of setting a part/night mode, something like a single button on an upstairs keypad.

I want to avoid the complication of entering a PIN then selecting the relevant program.

I cannot find a way to do this with the honeywell panel ( I have looked at Galaxy also).

Has anyone got any suggestions.

Stuart

If you are considering using a different panel look at the Texecom R8, you can program it for single button set on part set and full set.

To part set you just press the part set button, if you change your mind you can cancel the setting process by just pressing the reset button. Once it's set you need to enter a valid code to unset.

The R8 is a low cost but well specified panel and comes with excellent manuals which are written for DIYers.

Think they do a fob for the accenta, will need a reader type keypad.

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog...roducts_id=1130

Wow fast replies!

I had thought about a fob/reader but this seems another complication. I want to encourage my mother to use the system, if she has to carry a key when she is going to be I think it would discourage.

Thanks for the thought

Guest old-hand
Wow fast replies!

I had thought about a fob/reader but this seems another complication. I want to encourage my mother to use the system, if she has to carry a key when she is going to be I think it would discourage.

Thanks for the thought

Hold fob, system starts setting, return entry timer starts hold fob system unsets. Fob is attached to her usual keyring, nothing extra to carry.

Will not get much simpler.

cheers

If you are considering using a different panel look at the Texecom R8, you can program it for single button set on part set and full set.

To part set you just press the part set button, if you change your mind you can cancel the setting process by just pressing the reset button. Once it's set you need to enter a valid code to unset.

The R8 is a low cost but well specified panel and comes with excellent manuals which are written for DIYers.

I have just looked at a user manual for the R8 & it does look better. It says part set 1 can be selected without entering the set number, but suggests that you still have to enter a PIN first.

I haven't found an engineer manual so I cannot dig deeper.

Is this correct?

Galaxy has "hot" keys to do the above also.

Works the same except you press ESC to cancel and code to unset.

My reading of the Galaxy Hot keys is that you press more than one at once, this could be suitable but I would prefer "one push".

I know I am awkward!

I have read some suggestions that programming the Galaxy is not realy DIY stuff.

I have a some experiance of programming industrial control equipment but limited experiance of alarms.

I find tecnology is similar but terminology develops in different directions.

Can you comment?

Guest RJBsec

This panel uses a two-in-one fob - one side (grey) sets to leave home, the other side (red) sets at bedtime ("grey for away, red for bed"), so no need to use a code.

It's not a brilliant panel but it might be just right for your mum as long as she doesn't want it monitored!

Sales Brochure

Sales Link

I have just looked at a user manual for the R8 & it does look better. It says part set 1 can be selected without entering the set number, but suggests that you still have to enter a PIN first.

Is this correct?

I don't think the user manual details the procedure for single button setting as it is a programming option.

It is definitely there though, I used to fit a lot of R8s and had one in my own house prgrammed this way.

It's not done by deafault because it's not something you would want if you had young kids perhaps.

Is this correct?

I don't think the user manual details the procedure for single button setting as it is a programming option.

It is definitely there though, I used to fit a lot of R8s and had one in my own house prgrammed this way.

It's not done by deafault because it's not something you would want if you had young kids perhaps.

Single button setting is an option on the R8 ... and I think it comes set that was as default, but it contravenes the regs. to leave it that way.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Archived