Security Installer Community

Replacing Defunct System

EB2

Is it?

It wasn't meant to be, just that a lot of engineers that I speak to don't have a lot of exposure to really early stuff and many of them do show an interest in how the early security systems influenced the stuff we use today.

for me the story was interesting. but did you know that only now they are renewing those "private lines" here?

for me the story was interesting. but did you know that only now they are renewing those "private lines" here?

No I had no idea!

The major downside to private wire was always the cost, renting a pair of wires from BT would cost a fortune I would imagine, I know it used to.

Is it?

It wasn't meant to be, just that a lot of engineers that I speak to don't have a lot of exposure to really early stuff and many of them do show an interest in how the early security systems influenced the stuff we use today.

yeah it was kind of, dont get me wrong i didnt take offence if thats what your thinking. I assume mine didnt cause you any.

however i havnt seen the above, but i do know the theory. ie private wires, 999 disc diallers. But as i said i aint actually seen any of the really old stuff.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

yeah it was kind of, dont get me wrong i didnt take offence if thats what your thinking. I assume mine didnt cause you any.

however i havnt seen the above, but i do know the theory. ie private wires, 999 disc diallers. But as i said i aint actually seen any of the really old stuff.

Well I suppose anything is "suck eggs" if you already know how it works but the post wasn't aimed specifically at you or even at any engineer with your knowledge and experince, it was aimed more at the relative newcomer to the industry who is keen to learn a bit of history.

Well I suppose anything is "suck eggs" if you already know how it works but the post wasn't aimed specifically at you or even at any engineer with your knowledge and experince, it was aimed more at the relative newcomer to the industry who is keen to learn a bit of history.

ok sorry

my bad.

James

ok sorry

my bad.

James

No James it was actually my bad, I accidentally quoted you in my post re: private wires etc so it must have come across as very patronising!

It wasn't intentional, I must get out of the habit of quoting people unless I am posting directly in response to their post.

Sorry mate!

No James it was actually my bad, I accidentally quoted you in my post re: private wires etc so it must have come across as very patronising!

It wasn't intentional, I must get out of the habit of quoting people unless I am posting directly in response to their post.

Sorry mate!

no worries mate lol

ill get ya later lol

no worries mate lol

ill get ya later lol

You probably will!

I do get a bit carried away sometimes, I think it's because I miss the industry so much, I spent the best days of my working life in security and to be honest I would probably still be doing it if things had panned out a bit differently.

No I had no idea!

The major downside to private wire was always the cost, renting a pair of wires from BT would cost a fortune I would imagine, I know it used to.

i've got no idea how much BT charged for them but here the cost was approximately from

Archived