Security Installer Community

Replacing Defunct System

EB2

Hi again, guys

thanks for the trip down memory lane it sounds like it was fun in the good old days however, I,m just looking to replace the panel and add keypad to the existing cables etc and change some sensors, any recomendations on a farly easy DIY fit panel that would do the job, and bring it into the 21st century :!:

cheers

EB2

Texecom Veritas R8 is probably one of the best decent diy panels.

Speaking of old kit/systems, Securicor and specifically Granley had some old beauties, how about EOL transformers or EOL diodes.

I recall the Rothchilds Tudor mansion near Tring that had something like 100 ccts each one shuntable via a toggle switch on the panel. I never ever seen anyone on site bar the butler, most detection devices were the big old U/sonics that were painted to match into the hand painted wall cloth. If one went duff you had to swap the front cover onto the new pcb.

25?

I must admit you have seen a lot for your age, I started working with alarms when I was 17 in 1980 (roughly) and although I have seen record players (and removed a few) my earliest installs were 999ers with 8 track cartridges.

Also worked a lot on private wires (direct line to the local nick), in fact it was my job to remove our home office panels from all the nicks on my patch when they became redundant (about 1987 I'm guessing).

Do you remeber the havoc that was caused when a Post Office engineer reversed a pair not realising it was a private wire? lol

25? - was kiddin. Double it - unfortunately.

I might of been that PO eng lol. Started as apprentice with (then nationalised) PO. Brilliant apprenticeship, (another thread going on about spurs, - well I did a full 1 day course on wiring a 3pin plug circ 1976!). Got broke up into different diciplines. PO engineering still going though most know the alarm bit as ROMEC (now 51% PO,49% private). I progressed to stuff like "system x" instead of cellnet. Thats old redcare eqiv these days (well sort of - alarm side). Duelcom not thought of then.

Archived