Security Installer Community

Scantronic Or Texecom

psc916

Hi, have just self built a new detached house and detached garage. Looking to install an alarm with my electrician. All wiring already done. 14 zones and 2 areas (house and garage). Will probably use proxy tag LCD keypads. Would like to be able to control / programme system from my computer, although this is not critical. Think we have narrowed our choice down to Scantronic 9853EN-43 control panel or Texecom Premier 48 control panel. Realise will also have to by an 8 zone expander & digicom module if we go the Texecom route, but that is not a problem. Would appreciate feedback on which you would consider the best panel to use considering we are doing it ourselves, or indeed if there are any other panels we should consider above the 2 stated. Many thanks

I personally prefer Tex as thats what I'm used to-but thats just my POV-Wintex is very user friendly as far as PC interface is concerned as well, and tech support is very helpful as and when needed.

Richard.

if you want pc control then your only choice is texecom. All other manufacturers dont release their software.

Texecom premier is an excellent panel and the support and manuals are probably the best out there.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

if you want pc control then your only choice is texecom. All other manufacturers dont release their software.

Texecom premier is an excellent panel and the support and manuals are probably the best out there.

James

Personally I have never used the Premier but I have used thier lower end products and yes the manuals are probably the best around and support is excellent as well.

I have a mate who uses the Premier a lot and he tells me it is very well specced and very versatile.

Many thanks for all your quick responses. We couldn't decide between the 2 panels but now, based on the info you all have given it looks like the Texecom Premier 48 is the panel we will go with.

Do any of you know whether Wintex is compatible / works with the Microsoft Vista OS as that is what our PC's run on at home.

Many thanks again.

Many thanks for that, next question is what would be the most efficient (cheapest?) way to connect control panel to PC. They are on different floors of the house and presently there is a Cat5 (phone) cable and a 6 core alarm cable I could use. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

serial probbaly cheapest. Ip probably best and most flexible.

Depends on your site etc. You have serial, usb or ip.

Id go ip myself then you can have access from multiple devices as well. And if you want to setup the router or use vpn then you can access it remotly too.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• 2 weeks later...

James

I have the scantroinic software - just download it from their website? www.coopersecurity.co.uk - from my experience they have te better support - a year ago it was dreadful

Archived