Security Installer Community

New House Being Built - Time To Pick An Alarm

deanham

I do believe there is a certain member based in the Manchester area would beg to differ with the gist of comments posted here.

yes and if he is experienced in both fields, then he has every right. imo many electrians see fitting alarms as an easy sideline to make addittional cash. the theory is the same. 1st fix then 2nd fix then. hook up , then test and sign off. if only :whistle:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

I do believe there is a certain member based in the Manchester area would beg to differ with the gist of comments posted here.

bull, ask him, i bet he would be the first to say most sparks haven't got a clue in this field.

bull, ask him, i bet he would be the first to say most sparks haven't got a clue in this field.

I have to differ Im an electrician and we install to a very high standerd use all graded gear offer 24hr call out have installed 6 systems all ready this year.

We was rewiring a house and the owner called in his alarm company that was allready on the house the company were nsi silver and the bloke just through all the cables across the loft the owner went made and made him redo them the bloke had a load of all tools like my dad would have in his garage and a tatey old volvo easte he was a total let down to you good installers you get good and bad installers in all trades.

I have thought long and hard about being nsi approved being on 1 of there introduction day seminers about joing but im a 1 man band company with an apprentice and it would be a load of more paper work to do which i strugle to keep up with due to niceic and eca and safecontractor schem which we are members of. When i tell my costmers that we can not give you an isurance certficate thay say they are not bothered as long as it goes off. :rolleyes:

Guest RJBsec
I have to differ Im an electrician and we install to a very high standerd

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be argumentative, but how do you know?

I mean who examines your installations and tells you that they are 'to a very high standard' or more importantly, 'compliant' and 'well designed'?

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be argumentative, but how do you know?

I mean who examines your installations and tells you that they are 'to a very high standard' or more importantly, 'compliant' and 'well designed'?

true i see what you are saying you just have to take my word on it :rolleyes:

true i see what you are saying you just have to take my word on it :rolleyes:

Which isn't the case with my installs. I'm inspected and approved.

... so which should an independent person recommend ...... you or me?

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Which isn't the case with my installs. I'm inspected and approved.

... so which should an independent person recommend ...... you or me?

Agreed.

Although you missed my point davetherave, i said 'MOST'.

Although i think the ones that are any good have normally worked for alarm companies at some point.

ps: we will have installed 6 this week, you see my point?

So you all are saying approved installer do a first class job?

Is it like the NIC where only random jobs (usually selected by the company) are inspected?

I know of one approved installer and his work is c##p. PIR's facing windows, a back door with no DC or PIR with access to the panel without passing a device.....

By the way yes im a spark. :whistle:

Is it like the NIC where only random jobs (usually selected by the company) are inspected?

I know of one approved installer and his work is c##p. PIR's facing windows, a back door with no DC or PIR with access to the panel without passing a device.....

non approved spark i assume?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest RJBsec

...and presumably then all of your jobs are independently inspected?

Archived