Security Installer Community

What Is The Life Expectancy Of An Alarm System?

Terry

Ah, but you're talking about equipment fitted 20 years ago .... and we now know what has lasted.

The OP & I are talking about new stuff fitted now.

I think also the cost of equipment in "real terms" has fallen so much over the years that life expectancy is less important now and as others have suggested new technology, new risks and new standards mean equipment is likle to be replaced before it's gone wrong.

Ah, but you're talking about equipment fitted 20 years ago .... and we now know what has lasted.

Then in that case we don't really know / can't say, time still has to pass .......

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Then in that case we don't really know / can't say, time still has to pass .......

The OP was asking about life expectancy which IMO is possible to answer with an acceptable degree of accuracy based on experience of the industry and history of similar equipment.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

You may be but the OP didn't say that....read his first post again! :sofa1:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

You may be but the OP didn't say that....read his first post again! :sofa1:

Instead I read the OP's other topics .... where he says he is looking to have a new alarm installed, therefor it seems highly likely he is asking about the longevity of new equipment. QED I think .... :sothere:

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Instead I read the OP's other topics .... where he says he is looking to have a new alarm installed, therefor it seems highly likely he is asking about the longevity of new equipment. QED I think .... :sothere:

Me thinks you logic is flawed, he may be asking if his existing system will last or should he replace it...Veritas Vos Liberabit

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Me thinks you logic is flawed, he may be asking if his existing system will last or should he replace it...

Luggsey, you are actually right

My system, which i had in my house when i bought it almost 11 yrs ago, is a gardtec 300 series.

It is working fine, but i am looking into replacing it with a new system with

1-Proximity fobs (looking for ease of use for my son & parents)

2-SMS to send me a text when my son is safely back, or when parents go home to check on it.

But I was having second thoughts about spending circa

Archived