Security Installer Community

Should Have Bought It Last Week

Mattyg2004

I have found this on ebay looks good not sure what second hand prices are like but may be worth a punt.

Ebay 365 dvr clicky

I'm liking the honeywell alarm unless I get told to stay clear (Its probably the dialer) used in conjunction with CCTV may make us less nervous.

cheers for the info guys(keep it coming though dont stop)

Im going to look at 2nd hand pro cameras now

Shock sensor on the front door would create an immediate alarm activation when the door was kicked in.

(Other options are available!)

Ah I see, ofcourse.....doh! On a seperate zone that the entry zone and properly adjusted sensitivity.

Assuming the op's laptop wasnt in the area where the keypad is then a PIR in any downstairs room also. Intrigued why only PIRs upstairs generally in Ireland.

My lack of knowledge on alarms is obvious from my previous post so please take it as an observation and possibly an inaccurate one.

I dont think buying 2nd hand tat, (someone clearly thinks it isnt good enough to keep and use) from ebay is taking things seriously.

And the alarm panel shown on the ebay link is a cheap diy c##p panel imho.

Frankly if it was that easy to do your place over i would be thinking that that beefing up physical security would start by making it harder for them to get in first. Get a better front and back door fitted with proper locks, they'll be back otherwise.

Then i would be looking to have a proper alarm installed and ebay wouldnt be my choice of supplier.

CCTV internally may have helped but externally i doubt it.

Archived