Security Installer Community

Should Have Bought It Last Week

Mattyg2004

im gona have a look at your router soon, have a look in the dvr settings look for the http port and jot down port it is (probably will be 80), have you got any other network devices that use your router via lan or wifi? just asking as we may need to asign a internal static ip addy to the dvr, infact we are going to assign a static ip addy for the dvr.

just gona loook through the router manual to see if the settings are similar to my netgear.

also if your routers using the default password for admin change that aswell

can you give me a link to a manual of your router, just looked on netgears site and cant find it, should be able to set it up even if you cant find a online manual.

when you log into the router, have you got the settings down the left hand side, can you see dynamin dns setting near the bottom on the lefft.

im gona have a look at your router soon, have a look in the dvr settings look for the http port and jot down port it is (probably will be 80), have you got any other network devices that use your router via lan or wifi? just asking as we may need to asign a internal static ip addy to the dvr, infact we are going to assign a static ip addy for the dvr.

just gona loook through the router manual to see if the settings are similar to my netgear.

Its (the router)using a different Password

Http port IS 80

I have a ps3 hard wired to router my main pc hard wired and the mrs laptop is wireless through router

can you give me a link to a manual of your router, just looked on netgears site and cant find it, should be able to set it up even if you cant find a online manual.

when you log into the router, have you got the settings down the left hand side, can you see dynamin dns setting near the bottom on the lefft.

yes

and try this link

http://documentation.netgear.com/wnr834b/e.../FullManual.pdf

Again thanks for the help

Update:

Ok still not got it working over the internet yet.

Happy with the nighttime pictures (going to get a IR illuminator soon)

CCTVDVR.jpg

Daytime pictures are very good.

Still trying to get my head around all the setting on the HD500 like how do i set it to constantly record and then overwrite old footage.

At the moment it has two 137 GB drives can I upgrade these to much bigger drives (are they normal IDE drives??)

cheers for all your help guys.

Update:

Ok still not got it working over the internet yet.

Happy with the nighttime pictures (going to get a IR illuminator soon)

CCTVDVR.jpg

Daytime pictures are very good.

Still trying to get my head around all the setting on the HD500 like how do i set it to constantly record and then overwrite old footage.

At the moment it has two 137 GB drives can I upgrade these to much bigger drives (are they normal IDE drives??)

cheers for all your help guys.

What cams did you buy in the end they look good pitcures :rolleyes:

These ones.

http://www.eneo-security.com/system/web/en...plate=a15_92103

I'll put up some pics of daytime tomorrow. I'm happy just need to set it up properly

the wife wont have them on the house as they are 2 big will need 2 get dome type 2 meney to chose from is the lighting good were you are 2 get pitures that good :rolleyes:

Mattyg2004,

It's difficult to tell from the night shot, but with the "Home Alley" camera, at the moment the lens coverage looks a bit too wide IMHO.

If you have a varifocal lens fitted, it may be worth dropping the camera perhaps 8 - 12 degrees, and then zooming in a bit to get less wall and better images of any peeps coming up the side ... ;)

Mattyg2004,

It's difficult to tell from the night shot, but with the "Home Alley" camera, at the moment the lens coverage looks a bit too wide IMHO.

If you have a varifocal lens fitted, it may be worth dropping the camera perhaps 8 - 12 degrees, and then zooming in a bit to get less wall and better images of any peeps coming up the side ... ;)

Thanks john,

Hav'nt really had time to play yet. I will change the focus on the alley ASAP

I have uploaded some daytime pics.(excuse the mess in the middle of doing the place up) I know it kinda gives any burglars reading the forum a chance to see what i can see. but more cameras are to be fitted soon and the front one poss replaced by a PTZ dome.

CCTVDVRDaytimeDriveway.jpg

CCTVDVRDaytimealley.jpg

With regards to the DVR i'm not sure if i have set it up correctly. I have it set on best quality.(SF) it has two 127 GB drives so should be able to record for quite some time with only 2 cameras.

However when I try to set it to record for any more than 24hrs it reduces the frame rate.

Any ideas on how to set it up to record 24/7.

I dont want to go away for a few days come back find out been burgled go to dvr and find that it did record it but has now recorded over it again.

Sorry pro guys

I bet you hate noobies who try and save some cash then get you lot to help them for free :whistle:

Archived