Security Installer Community

Gsm Module For Galaxy G3

woodpecker

For a police call system the alarm must be installed and maintained by an inspected company and must conform to at least PD6662 Grade 2. An alarm always becomes the grade of the lowest graded component, so a Grade 3 alarm becomes Grade 1 if a Grade 1 contact is fitted.

If an ungraded component is fitted then the system becomes an ungraded system and fails to comply with the requirements looked for by the company's inspectorate and by ACPO.

If you just want to be notified of an alarm activation why not just ask the company to list you with the ARC as a keyholder to be contacted in the event of an activation - no cost, no compromise, no hassle.

I want the alarm on police response with simple (cheap) GSM backup to me only, the whole system is grade 2 compliant, in fact it might be grade 3, I am just surprised that adding an external ancilliary device downgrades it all, but if that is true then I cannot add it. I would just be using a programmed output to send a negative trigger to a dialler, I cannot see how this would compromise the system in any way.

Does no one make a grade 2 add on dialler?

I don't know of a Grade 2 dialler, (doesn't mean there isn't one), in general term a professional Grade 2 monitored system would not use a dialler.

In the near future there will be a device that can be used in conjunction with a panel's communicator that will be able to text or email you when an activation occurs but it is not available yet and would need to be fitted and maintained by your installer.

I want the alarm on police response with simple (cheap) GSM backup to me only, the whole system is grade 2 compliant, in fact it might be grade 3, I am just surprised that adding an external ancilliary device downgrades it all, but if that is true then I cannot add it. I would just be using a programmed output to send a negative trigger to a dialler, I cannot see how this would compromise the system in any way.

Does no one make a grade 2 add on dialler?

As I understand it, if there is not an approved way of grading a piece of kit (eg dialler, smoke detector), and therefore cant be graded you can add it to a system and it wont downgrade the overall system providing it is used as back up.

Thus you can add dialler to G3 system that has required remote signalling to G3 - as an additional back up.

Scantronic 660 is a G2 digi/dialler, but then adding it will down grade system. SD1+ cant be graded so wont affect overall grading of system.

As I understand it, if there is not an approved way of grading a piece of kit (eg dialler, smoke detector), and therefore cant be graded you can add it to a system and it wont downgrade the overall system providing it is used as back up.

Thus you can add dialler to G3 system that has required remote signalling to G3 - as an additional back up.

Scantronic 660 is a G2 digi/dialler, but then adding it will down grade system. SD1+ cant be graded so wont affect overall grading of system.

Good point, my G3 has a Honeywell ECO1002 smoke detector on it already, I don't think that is a graded device?

I am not a trained alarm installer but I am a chartered electronics engineer, I cannot see any reason why adding one of these diallers would change the grade of the alarm, it is not part of the graded system at all, it is simply an add on which has no effect on the system, I can understand components of the main system needing to comply, ie contacts, main comms, PIRs etc but this is purely a personal backup device only monitored by me.

as long as that device cannot affect the alarm externally and you have satisfied the minimal requirements for the chosen notification option then you 'could' class it as ancillery equipment. But you dont need it as your alarm will do those things for you as std, so its a pointless excersise if you see what i mean. Also as the panel doesnt do it as std (ie the module) its not simple to configure it only to go in the event of a primary comm failure. How would it know?

But if you really want to add an additional comm then yes you could as long as the min is already covered by correctly graded componets and the equipment doesnt pose a security risk ie no incoming comms

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived