Security Installer Community

Gsm Module For Galaxy G3

woodpecker

Guest old-hand

GSM is an add on option.

If your getting Redcare/GSM it will be included.

There are several options for monitoring including IP. However if you go down this route it will have to be managed by an approved company and they will not let you play with the panel. You will be locked out and possibly your equipment removed and theirs installed.

Before you spend/waste any more money check out your options with an approved local company.

cheers

GSM is an add on option.

If your getting Redcare/GSM it will be included.

There are several options for monitoring including IP. However if you go down this route it will have to be managed by an approved company and they will not let you play with the panel. You will be locked out and possibly your equipment removed and theirs installed.

Before you spend/waste any more money check out your options with an approved local company.

cheers

Will a monitoring company take away my engineer level access to the panel, I would prefer to have access to it in case I want to change or add something.

Will a monitoring company take away my engineer level access to the panel, I would prefer to have access to it in case I want to change or add something.

If you can add/change things how can the company be held liable for the system failing to perform etc.

If you have an approved system you cant have access to it at engineer level while its on contract. This is why an insurance company sometimes insist on it, ie you cant make the panel do something it shouldnt ie non compliant...you could if you had the engineer code with the best intentions etc

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

G3 is basically designed for professional security solutions so 'add-on' GSM module wouldn't be a desired feature - you can get externally fitted GSM diallers that would work with outputs on the G3 e.g This one here ( God forbid! :) )

I don't recommend any particular unit.

Going back to this unit you linked, it says:-

Complies with

EN60950, EN301489-1, EN301489-7, EN301419-1, EN301511

Would this make it at least a Grade 2 device?

G3 is basically designed for professional security solutions so 'add-on' GSM module wouldn't be a desired feature - you can get externally fitted GSM diallers that would work with outputs on the G3 e.g This one here ( God forbid! :) )

I don't recommend any particular unit.

Going back to this unit you linked, it says:-

Complies with

EN60950, EN301489-1, EN301489-7, EN301419-1, EN301511

Would this make it at least a Grade 2 device?

'Grade 2', (and the other appropriate grades), is based on EN50131/PD6662.

I have been given conflicting information so perhaps someone can advise, if I add my own GSM non graded dialler to a monitored/response system does it mean the system becomes ungraded and will lose police response?

The dialler will only be used to text me, the main monitoring will be done via the phone line from the G3.

If I could find a grade 2 dialler I would use one, I don't really want the monthly outlay of dualcom or redcare, just a basic backup to me.

Thanks.

For a police call system the alarm must be installed and maintained by an inspected company and must conform to at least PD6662 Grade 2. An alarm always becomes the grade of the lowest graded component, so a Grade 3 alarm becomes Grade 1 if a Grade 1 contact is fitted.

If an ungraded component is fitted then the system becomes an ungraded system and fails to comply with the requirements looked for by the company's inspectorate and by ACPO.

If you just want to be notified of an alarm activation why not just ask the company to list you with the ARC as a keyholder to be contacted in the event of an activation - no cost, no compromise, no hassle.

Archived