Security Installer Community

No Hard Drive Detected

PIETERCCTV

hI aLL IM SITTING WITH A REAL PROBLEM I HAVE A 4 CHANNEL LJD DELTAWARE DVR IN MINT CONDITION ACCEPT THAT THE DVR DOES NOT RECORD IT SAYS NO HDD DETECTED I OPENED IT AND THE HARD DRIVE IS THERE BUT APPARENTLY DOES NOT WORK IM FAIRLY DESPERATE CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP !

check all hard drive cables! Can u see your hard drive in your set up? if yes then erase all what u have on it and format your hard drive! it might help if no then buy a new one! And allways switch off your dvr in a menu, not from the 240V socket. It might damage your hard drive if your dvr is middle of recording and u switch off the power.

Hi PieterCCTV,

do you need to get an incident off the hard drive? If so try connecting the HHD to a PC via a USB HDD adapter or connect it to a Desktop PC. If the HDD still does not show up you might have a faulty drive (physically damaged). There are special companies out there which will charge quite a bit of money to repair a faulty drive. However I have stumbled upon a website where someone took out the discs inside the drive and put it into another HDD (must be exactly the same otherwise it will not work). It is very fiddly work and might make things a lot worse as a drive should only be opened by professionals in a clean room.

If you can still see the drive when it is hooked up to a PC or Laptop but you can

cheers,

Alex

Hi PieterCCTV,

do you need to get an incident off the hard drive? If so try connecting the HHD to a PC via a USB HDD adapter or connect it to a Desktop PC. If the HDD still does not show up you might have a faulty drive (physically damaged). There are special companies out there which will charge quite a bit of money to repair a faulty drive. However I have stumbled upon a website where someone took out the discs inside the drive and put it into another HDD (must be exactly the same otherwise it will not work). It is very fiddly work and might make things a lot worse as a drive should only be opened by professionals in a clean room.

If you can still see the drive when it is hooked up to a PC or Laptop but you can

Hi Alex

Thanks for the promt reply whats happening is the dvr wont record it says also that no hard drive is dedected the hard drive looks good i opened the cover of the dvr and checked to see if theres any plugs loose but all looks ok so the next best thing to do is to try spinrite ?

Ill give that a shot do you know of anyone that might want to buy a flatt screen dvr monitor its in mint condition think its a 17inch 12 volt supply for 140 euros or nearest cash offer

thanks again

regards Pietercctv

It is probably cheaper just to replace the hard drive if you don't need to get anything off the drive. If the DVR cannot detect the drive it is probably physically damaged. You only have a chance with Spinrite if the drive can be detected when hooked up to a PC or laptop.

cheers,

Alex

i would suggest beofre you do too much you contact whoever you got it from, or the manufacturer

personally id just skip.gif it :lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived