Security Installer Community

Flashing Flood Lights

Yeh-at the end of the day you can do anything!-Use a panel output in alarm to provide 12v to a seperate programmable relay- http://cpc.farnell.com/crouzet/88826103/mu...equestid=251721 such as this you can set times up etc on that relay to switch lights (via a contactor if required)tho 500w floods don't take kindly to being switched on/off quickly!!!.

Cheaper way would be to use one of those dummy flashing LED modules. Cut one of the LEDs off and use it to power a transistorised relay which in turn feeds a bigger relay which switches the live feed to your floodlight.

Trade Member

Could you make a prems output follow a fire signal, that would give an on/off on most panels? Save buying a timer relay/module?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Or as Antinode-there's numerous ways of achieving it-but as I said be wary of the on/off frequency of the light/lights.

Yep see your point,You still trying to switch a 230v light on/off via a 12v dc system and would require a relay though:whistle:

On my house i have a set up like this.

Old bell timer with LED, starts flashing slow (set at 10 mins) go' s faster and faster until it latches at zero mins.

I cut ou the led and made it drive a RB007 relay, this relay drives a 10amp 12v coil relay switching 1kw of flood lighting.

It starts of flashing slow and speeds up the longer the alarm goes off, after 10 mins it latches the lighting on fully.

Old bell timer with LED, starts flashing slow (set at 10 mins) go' s faster and faster until it latches at zero mins.

I cut ou the led and made it drive a RB007 relay, this relay drives a 10amp 12v coil relay switching 1kw of flood lighting.

It starts of flashing slow and speeds up the longer the alarm goes off, after 10 mins it latches the lighting on fully.

Now I like that Mate-sounds so much more professional than-'Yep is poss'- :rolleyes: and somat that I hadn't thought about-so now you get the browny points-and I'll make a note of it for future reference ta. LOL.

Archived