Security Installer Community

Cctv Items

sam10693

Dont earth yourself or anything near to you when working near mains, use an RCD, or better still an isolating transformer, but get it wired up by someone who knows what thwy are doing.

If you MUST work near mains, keep one hand firmly in your pocket, even with an RCD .

My advice.........only work on low volts stuff.

:yes: subs good advice about working on low voltage things, i would have to agree there.

The only time you should earth yourself to a casing is on a pc when changing a circuit board just to stop static building up, but thats the only time afaiac

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

:yes: subs good advice about working on low voltage things, i would have to agree there.

The only time you should earth yourself to a casing is on a pc when changing a circuit board just to stop static building up, but thats the only time afaiac

Not that bad, theres a resistor in wristbands - or should be.

You could get a neon scrwd..........Nah, lets not go there ! Just Joking Sam, original advice still stands.

Not that bad, theres a resistor in wristbands - or should be.

You could get a neon scrwd..........Nah, lets not go there ! Just Joking Sam, original advice still stands.

:o:lol: no not a neon :o

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

DJ. Thankyou for the kind and indeed verry helpfull advice but yes when i do operate on items i make shure i were and erth strap and use an RCD just in case. I pay cctv items my full attention and am verry aware of the dangers as i was once hospitalised by an LJD dome when it zapped me with 230. i do have quite an arsanall of cctv items at my disposall including 6 pan tilt heads and many housings. My parents are absolutely ok with me on this site. I am indeed verry surprised at some of the items i have been given by companies e.g. the Metal mickey the Vcl orbiter and many other cameras including a DVR.

Gahh he has more than me and i am 16!

This is unfair i want a metal micky!!!

i have a DS2, like 3 pan tilts (one DC) 8 dennard 2010's with all sorts inside them, but but but i have IR set up on some of my cameras :P

there is a down side i did get belted by a full pan tilt one night as i was up some scaffolding, woke all the neighbors up to me screaming a F word rather loud.

I dont get the blaa to do with the Neon screwdrivers, i have one well like 3 cos i keep loosing them.

regs alex

Gahh he has more than me and i am 16!

This is unfair i want a metal micky!!!

i have a DS2, like 3 pan tilts (one DC) 8 dennard 2010's with all sorts inside them, but but but i have IR set up on some of my cameras :P

there is a down side i did get belted by a full pan tilt one night as i was up some scaffolding, woke all the neighbors up to me screaming a F word rather loud.

I dont get the blaa to do with the Neon screwdrivers, i have one well like 3 cos i keep loosing them.

regs alex

sam and lowlofe.. :whistle:

cctv we will undercut anyone!

Archived