Security Installer Community

Cctv Items

sam10693

Look for the clues!!!

Oh and I'll need a signed letter from your mum that she doesn't mind you having it all in your bedroom :lol:

Ha ha durrr yes i found it and a signed letter wont be a problem. Best rgards Sam.

Also who is it i need to speek to. Best regards Sam.

Oh cheers m8 please hang on to it and ill see what i can do about arranging a courier some time. would it be possible for your name and number so i can cotact you(i think its easier than emailling) best regards Sam.

Hi Paul thank you so much could i have your email as it wont let me pm you.Best regards Sam.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

wow wow wow wow wow wow, a metal mickey and vcl for a 15 year old bllooomin heck, i wish i had that kit at my age.

i have a couple of old colour body cameras if any good to you.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Hi sam10693,

Welcome to the forum,

That is indeed a rather unusual albeit fairly interesting hobby that you're starting there.

If I could make a few suggestions for you, first off, please make a point of informing your family that you are a member here; I'm sure all the guys would agree you're very welcome, but in your own interests, they should be aware.

Next off, the more equipment you collect, the more challenging it will become to try and get some items, particularly older equipment, back into working order. Now without wishing to state the obvious, tinkering is fine if you know what you are doing, but many items do operate with dangerous internal voltages, so please be very careful and do not do anything that you are in any way unsure about.

If you get stuck on something, I'm sure there will be many guys here that would be prepared to offer you some advice and guidance, but it's important to remember that CCTV equipment is mostly industrial in nature, and should be treated with utmost respect at all times.

Finally if you want to try and pick up some odds and ends, apart from any generous offers you may receive here, it may be worth writing a few more letters to some key UK based manufacturers or distributors, and you may well continue to be pleasantly surprised by the response.

The very best of luck with your hobby :yes:

DJ

Hi sam10693,

Welcome to the forum,

That is indeed a rather unusual albeit fairly interesting hobby that you're starting there.

If I could make a few suggestions for you, first off, please make a point of informing your family that you are a member here; I'm sure all the guys would agree you're very welcome, but in your own interests, they should be aware.

Next off, the more equipment you collect, the more challenging it will become to try and get some items, particularly older equipment, back into working order. Now without wishing to state the obvious, tinkering is fine if you know what you are doing, but many items do operate with dangerous internal voltages, so please be very careful and do not do anything that you are in any way unsure about.

If you get stuck on something, I'm sure there will be many guys here that would be prepared to offer you some advice and guidance, but it's important to remember that CCTV equipment is mostly industrial in nature, and should be treated with utmost respect at all times.

Finally if you want to try and pick up some odds and ends, apart from any generous offers you may receive here, it may be worth writing a few more letters to some key UK based manufacturers or distributors, and you may well continue to be pleasantly surprised by the response.

DJ

very good advice there dok jon :yes:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Hi sam10693,

Welcome to the forum,

DJ

I'll get my kids onto it right away ! LOL

Shame I Just had a clear out, but good luck with your new hobby.

DJ. Thankyou for the kind and indeed verry helpfull advice but yes when i do operate on items i make shure i were and erth strap and use an RCD just in case. I pay cctv items my full attention and am verry aware of the dangers as i was once hospitalised by an LJD dome when it zapped me with 230. i do have quite an arsanall of cctv items at my disposall including 6 pan tilt heads and many housings. My parents are absolutely ok with me on this site. I am indeed verry surprised at some of the items i have been given by companies e.g. the Metal mickey the Vcl orbiter and many other cameras including a DVR.

Chorton ah ok never mind but ill get posting.

Satsuma01 yes any cameras are usefull thankyou i will sort something out within a few days.

Anyway thankyou all for being so helpfull it is verry much apriciated. Best regards Sam.

DJ. Thankyou for the kind and indeed verry helpfull advice but yes when i do operate on items i make shure i were and erth strap and use an RCD just in case. I pay cctv items my full attention and am verry aware of the dangers as i was once hospitalised by an LJD dome when it zapped me with 230. i do have quite an arsanall of cctv items at my disposall including 6 pan tilt heads and many housings. My parents are absolutely ok with me on this site. I am indeed verry surprised at some of the items i have been given by companies e.g. the Metal mickey the Vcl orbiter and many other cameras including a DVR.

Chorton ah ok never mind but ill get posting.

Satsuma01 yes any cameras are usefull thankyou i will sort something out within a few days.

Anyway thankyou all for being so helpfull it is verry much apriciated. Best regards Sam.

Dont earth yourself or anything near to you when working near mains, use an RCD, or better still an isolating transformer, but get it wired up by someone who knows what thwy are doing.

If you MUST work near mains, keep one hand firmly in your pocket, even with an RCD .

My advice.........only work on low volts stuff.

Archived