Security Installer Community

I Have To Admit To Defeat!

JasGun

Hi all,

A couple of weekends ago I purchased a powermax plus alarm.

This weekend I tried fitting it.

I have correctly enrolled everything & know where everything is going.

Moved plug sockets around to power it up.

There are 2 things I can't do & I think I need to get someone to finish the job!!!

Does anyone know a reputable company in the Essex area that can finish off the installation?

All I need them to do really is:

1. Connect the powermax to the telephone line (had advice from redbull, still got no clue)

2. Try to get rid of the SO1 tamper alarm error on the siren (Its driving me crazy)

I would have loved to complete the job myself, but it

Can't say I know anyone personnaly but here is a listing of some companies in your area -http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/index.php?showforum=221

Not sure how how many comapnies would be prepared to 1/2 fit customers own equipment (last men to touch something gets blamed for everything that ever happens therafter until the end of time).

Good luck.

C.

jason. see for your number 2 problem . it will probably just be the tamper switch on the back off the sounder. ive been caught a couple of times with this myself. the switch wasn`t hitting the wall and throwing up a tamper. its just a black phillips screw(from memory), and you screw it out the way . so it sticks out more. then it should touch the wall when fitted. i would give that ago first. but mind fit the sounder all back together before resetting.

Thanks for your responses.

I think I have sorted the telephone wire, just need to test it.

I got RJ11 to BT wire.

Then wired the 1 (black) & 4 (yellow) tot the line part of the CPU.

plugged the BT end into an adsl filter then connected the adsl to the line.

The line error went away!!

Is the only way you can test that it will phone my mobile or work numbers is by setting the alarm off?

If the above works I just need to get rid of the tamper error on the siren.

With renewed energy I will play around with it some more.

Stevie, I don

do what redbull says. put the cover/screw on the bell, press the tamper switch in on the back, and hold it in. press the set button on the fob and let the time run out. when set, just unset it again using the fob. fault should be clear. hopefully it will be clear , so you can let the tamper switch on the back go, and fit it.

Guys,

I finally thought I had installed my powermax plus alarm (no trouble yellow light).

I could arm & disarm.

But I went into installer mode to do diagnostic test wl siren & pir were fine.

Exited menu, but the dreaded line failure error came back!!!! I couldn't believe it. :ranting:

Can I just run through my phone setup again & can someone see where I am going wrong???

I have brought a adsl filter that plugs in the phone line, then from the adsl filter I have connected a bt line to RJ-11 lead.

I have stripped the end off the RJ-11 end & just need to wire it to the alarm cpu. However what colour wires go in to the line section of the cpu?

The 4 colour wires I have are black / red / green / yellow.

I am current alternating between the the end wires black & yellow, but not really sure what I am doing?

Thanks

Jason

Archived