Security Installer Community

Pay Off's

goncall

Think your spot on there h, I think you have to recognize when your market is changing, so you can adapt to suit rather than be left behind.

I think this is true and the big problem with selling security is that it isn't a product that anybody actually wants, it's like insurance, people buy it because they need it and products that people actually need are always more price conscious than those that people want.

I guess this is why there are so many price comparison websites relating to insurance but equally there are insurance companies who target the quality end of the market by emphasising the actual value they present and not simply the price.

They target this market by direct selling as opposed to advertising, they select the type of customer they want very carefully and put a lot of effort into individual sales rather than adopting the shotgun approach of the budget market.

We can learn a lot from these companies I reckon.

I think this is true and the big problem with selling security is that it isn't a product that anybody actually wants, it's like insurance, people buy it because they need it and products that people actually need are always more price conscious than those that people want.

I guess this is why there are so many price comparison websites relating to insurance but equally there are insurance companies who target the quality end of the market by emphasising the actual value they present and not simply the price.

They target this market by direct selling as opposed to advertising, they select the type of customer they want very carefully and put a lot of effort into individual sales rather than adopting the shotgun approach of the budget market.

We can learn a lot from these companies I reckon.

Agreed

take it you didn't see their returns a year or so back? may be better by now, not sure.

You might want to look again. They've never been in trouble. May not post figures the City vultures would like but doesn't signal trouble

You might want to look again. They've never been in trouble. May not post figures the City vultures would like but doesn't signal trouble

compaired to others maybe not, but for them they were, they dropped off alot compaired to their previous years.

Hi All,

How many of you would buy a cheap "unknown brand" vehicle?

Even in these cost conscious times, its all about value....

Cost is important, but value is often more important.

So look at your prices, but don't cheapen them to the extent that it will effect your product quality, installation quality or service levels.

While we all need to stay in business in the short term, eventually the economic climate will change and we will still want to be in a position to be sustainable.

Just a thought???

n

Archived