Security Installer Community

Mag Locks For Fire Retaining Doors....

Are the doors inward or outward opening? When you say you cant drill the doors do you mean you cant drill though them completely or cant even put screws in? If you can use wood screws and they are outward opening doors you can use surface armature plate housings

I think some of you are confused between fire escape doors and fire retaining doors.

Who you calling confused ??? :angry:

The orig post clearly stated fire retaining doors, the rest just fell into the conversation.

fire doors do not need to be closed at all times, they need to be closed in the event of a fire, so can be held open with retainers and released upon activation of the fire alrm.

Beg to differ, what you say is true, if the door bears the blue legend'fire door to be kept closed at all times'.Not being pedantic here.

Bri

trade.gif

• 3 months later...

if ur talking about keeping the door closed on the maglock then sure, take feed via 24v relay for fire alarm then breakglass then mag. unless u want to put a keypad in aswell.

if u mean hold open mags then yep, just via relay then to mag to hold ope.

dunno y u cant drill the doors?? unless been told not to , how else u gonna get it to hold open unless u use those stupid batt powered things that close on noise.

i think those blue legends are so you dont wedge it open and go away and leave it, long as supply cut vis relay it wil close.

Beg to differ, what you say is true, if the door bears the blue legend'fire door to be kept closed at all times'.Not being pedantic here.

a bit late but just noticed this comment,

if the fire door bears such a label the it not held open with auto release. it is a manual door that must not be propped open haence the sign KEEP CLOSED.

if it is automatic it should display a label saying FIRE DOOR KEEP CLEAR in case it closes.

what's your issue with Dorgards Tony?

:unsure:

sorry chorlton i also have an issue with dorguards there c##p.

Everytime you put a hoover on in a hotel/care home all the doors in the hallway start shutting

we never fit them but we do look after places that have them its not even like there cheap!

Hi sjs

no need to apologise fella I'm not personally fussed either way, just nice to know why certain products are disliked.

I fit dorgards and like them as there cheap & easy to fit v wiring retainers.

the hoover issue is not an issue to me or anyone I've fitted them for but no doubt will be at some point so thanks for the heads up.

cheers

C.

the hoover issue is not an issue to me or anyone I've fitted them for but no doubt will be at some point so thanks for the heads up.

Not just the noise with hoovers, also the bashing they give with over zealous cleaners. However, found them fitted to avoid the canning. Also agree, better than a wedge.

post-17665-1241543254_thumb.jpg

post-17665-1241543290_thumb.jpg

Archived