Security Installer Community

Mag Locks For Fire Retaining Doors....

No, just make sure poz or neg of mag is broken through relay on fire

Pos preferably.

switching 0v brings with it other problems if metal nearby.

so the only time you can fit to a fire door you must conect alarm panel to fire alarm,

No

Green Break Glass

But if Fire Officer not getting any at home, then he may demand both.

I think you guys are thinking of emergency exit doors, fire doors can be on a cupboard!

Being serious, can you drill the top edge of the door, if so you can fit a solenoid bolt or one of the purpose designed mag locks for free swing doors?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Why not, fire doors are required to be closed at all times, as long as there is relay release on fire signal thats fine, most mag locks fail open anyway.

fire doors do not need to be closed at all times, they need to be closed in the event of a fire, so can be held open with retainers and released upon activation of the fire alrm.

Pos preferably.

switching 0v brings with it other problems if metal nearby.

No

Green Break Glass

But if Fire Officer not getting any at home, then he may demand both.

its nothing to do with if the fire officer is getting any or not, it should only take one action to release the doors, so operation of the fire alarm should release the doors wether it has a green mcp or not.

its nothing to do with if the fire officer is getting any or not, it should only take one action to release the doors, so operation of the fire alarm should release the doors wether it has a green mcp or not.

In normal circumstances i would agree. But if site requires Fire Officer to sign it off and he says he wants dual then that is what it will have to have.

I know of 2 Fire officers who took this approach. One even insisted on old style crash bars...quite what use they would be until electric lock released. - their way or the highway.

In normal circumstances i would agree. But if site requires Fire Officer to sign it off and he says he wants dual then that is what it will have to have.

I know of 2 Fire officers who took this approach. One even insisted on old style crash bars...quite what use they would be until electric lock released. - their way or the highway.

You can get crash bars with a switch in them.........needs to be in series with the lock - not used as an RTE like on one site I went to recently ! !

I try to spec fire release and break glass when I can......fire release is no good if theres a nutter loose with a machette, or a mad dog. :rolleyes: LOL :rolleyes:

You can get crash bars with a switch in them.........needs to be in series with the lock

Sorta makes the lock redundant and therefore why fit the thing in the first place-almost like 'there's a hole in my bucket dear lizer'

Double pole breakglasses are normaly fitted as standard on access doors they are not always just for fire conditions what happens if controller goes down and you cant get out of the room or area you are in ?, should always fit fire relay from fire panel and not have them release from software comand, regards to fixing mag lock try acrilic glue have used it on the odd occasion for shoot bolt systems on armoured doors. try these people for advice on the type of glue needed and remember to remove paint from surface of door. www.glueline.co.uk

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems

You can get crash bars with a switch in them.........needs to be in series with the lock - not used as an RTE like on one site I went to recently ! !

I try to spec fire release and break glass when I can......fire release is no good if theres a nutter loose with a machette, or a mad dog. :rolleyes: LOL :rolleyes:

I know. But Fireman sam insisted standard Mechanical crash bars...both of them.

The fella in manchester (i took Tesco's to court and won don't you know).

He didn't like GBUs, said little old Doris wouldn't know what to do if a knife weilding nutter was chasing her and she was trapped at the door. So, Fire panel relay and crash bars.

The Fire Officer in Newark went the other way. Crashbars and GBU....and this was in the Home full of Gerries who wouldn't know what to do as they lost the plot years ago.

Sorta makes the lock redundant and therefore why fit the thing in the first place-almost like 'there's a hole in my bucket dear lizer'

Releasing the door from the outside, using the reader would be a bit difficult otherwise IMO. :rolleyes:

I need to fit Mag Locks to a set of Fire retaining doors, but can't drill the doors...

Any suggestions????

Are the doors inward or outward opening? When you say you cant drill the doors do you mean you cant drill though them completely or cant even put screws in? If you can use wood screws and they are outward opening doors you can use surface armature plate housings

I think some of you are confused between fire escape doors and fire retaining doors.

Archived