Security Installer Community

Response Sa5

tonyhuuk

Hi

I am new here and wanted to get a house alarm that I can fix myself, and would prefer wireless if poss, so with that in mind can I ask if anyone has any experience with "response" alarms or the SA5 model?

I did install a micromark wireless alarm around 18 months ago but it went wrong and could not be silenced so had to destroy it!!! and dont want to spend more money on something that wont work or do what I need it to do?

thankyou to anyone in advance for any help or advice

You will never get a proper system via the DIY route.

You could have a pro wireless system fitted by an approved company [s.S.A.I.B. or N.S.I.] for less then you may think.

You should get a few quotes, where are you based? there will be an installer on here who covers your area.

You will never get a proper system via the DIY route.

You could have a pro wireless system fitted by an approved company [s.S.A.I.B. or N.S.I.] for less then you may think.

You should get a few quotes, where are you based? there will be an installer on here who covers your area.

I am in Bristol, what is the average sort of cost then for an alarm installed wired or wireless

Thanks for the info, I will email them but would still like to know if ayone has any experience with a response system as this time a friend will be setting it up with me and he used to install alarms so I didnt know if in the right hands it can be set up to work well?

Thanks for the info, I will email them but would still like to know if ayone has any experience with a response system as this time a friend will be setting it up with me and he used to install alarms so I didnt know if in the right hands it can be set up to work well?

If he used to install alarms why on earth has he not told you to avoid DIY systems, and have a pro one? Perhaps the answer is in the fact he 'used' to install alarms.

I have lots of experience with response systems, all of it involved ripping them out.

the response is an easy fit solution. by all means have a go yourself but use proper gear.

the visonic powermax would imo be a far better choice.

there is a std for intruder alarm equipment, bs en 50131. at least buy something that complies to that. not much if any diy designed kit will.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks for the info, I am going to contact a few local companys and see what sort of price I am looking at as well as looking more into the visonic powermax system, looking online it suggests the BT VP1000 is a rebadged visonic powermax does anyone know if this is the case?

Thanks again

Archived