Security Installer Community

Response Sa5

tonyhuuk

yes and no.

Its made by visonic but it has different fimware in it and wont do all the things a powermax does. Also the signalling is for BT's ARC only

Hi I'm thinking of installing a powermax system and just want to know what the difference is between the Powermax Plus and the Powermax Pro, other than the fancy box that the Pro comes with. Is there any technological difference?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

I am new here and wanted to get a house alarm that I can fix myself, and would prefer wireless if poss, so with that in mind can I ask if anyone has any experience with "response" alarms or the SA5 model?

I did install a micromark wireless alarm around 18 months ago but it went wrong and could not be silenced so had to destroy it!!! and dont want to spend more money on something that wont work or do what I need it to do?

thankyou to anyone in advance for any help or advice

Hi, I've had an SA5 wireless system for a couple of years now and have found it to be a pretty robust and reliable system until the other day...

... the only downside of a wirelss system is that you need to keep an eye on the battery level of the sensors as to my cost this week one of the sensors didn't go off when my door panel was kicked out and the buglars entered a protected zone and nicked some stuff. The sensor upstairs tripped the alarm when it picked them up when they were stupid enough to venture up there.

I have subscribed to the monitoring servce which I have found to be good as well which gives me peace of mind and replaced the offending dead battery and all is tickety boo again...

I guess the only down side of self install systems is that they are not recognised by insurance companies and I understand the SA5 is not approved by NACOSS/NSI. Due to this my insurance company have stipulated that I now have an approved alarm installed...

Due to this my insurance company have stipulated that I now have an approved alarm installed...

Thank you for the call, I look forward to meeting you :)

Archived