Security Installer Community

Standing Order Form

whistle

Do any of you lot have a copy of a standing order form i could have a look at?

Looking at offering monitoring to domestics via standing Order rather than one single up front charge.

Thanks

Andy

Looking at offering monitoring to domestics via standing Order rather than one single up front charge.

Thanks

Andy

we have one, PM me your email address and i'll send it over tomorrow mate.

Thanks

Andy

In my opinion a very good idea.

I used to put all domestics on standing order for maint and monitoring where possible.

I split the figure in to 12 and did it monthly, it makes sense, it balances your income and the customer has to make a conscious effort to not pay you rather than a concious effort to pay you!

You can easily print your own mandates and edit them according to which bank your customer is with.

My mate signs his customers up to direct debit which he reckons is even better because then he can charge for call outs etc as well as recurring charges.

Thanks

Andy

Andy,

From a customers perspective, you may want to look at Direct Debit rather standing order.

DD isnt easy but is possible

You have a setup charge and unless you have excellent banking history you need to put up a bond as DD allows acces to customers bank accounts, and this is obviously very open to abuse.

Also you need to pay per payment run. THis varies from

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Not sure but i think the SO route offers the customer less control. As in, once the standing order is started, only the company can stop it, not the customer. Hence direct debit offers the customer more security/comfort factor, especially if overpayments are made the bank sorts it out.

No, i think its the other way around. A customer can stop it easily but the comapny cannot alter the payment amount or date etc.

Also you do not get a warning if any that fail, you have to check each month that they went through, whereas as DD has much improved reporting for the company

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived