Security Installer Community

Quality Pir Camera

lowlofe

hi all!

Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer of a high quality PIR camera that wont be a insult to connect to a galaxy alarm.

I would like it all contained in one unit just so it does not look out of place. i have thought about having a quality detector and just a junction box style camera but cabling issues restrict this option to only a few rooms

regs

alex

I think cam in smoke det will give better effect!! If u want colour cam u need plenty of light 2! I have seen pir cams that have been wired with coax and then 4-core for 12v, its not looking very good!! I allways use screened cable. One cable will do bouth.

you may get away with not using coax for a camera on short runs but its not best.

Also screened cable id say would be worse. But if the run is short you will get away with it. You can get very small 75 ohm coax this is best.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Heyy all

Sorry for the late reply i have been in bed with what the doctors call a "unknown illness"

I only need black and white just for a general overview to see if anyone is moving etc its the quality if PIR inside the unit i am concerned about.

Having the camera inside a smoke detector was my first idea but the all of the rooms already have low profile smoke detectors in them, just think it would be a lil OTT to put another unit hanging from the ceiling.

And on the cabling front i will probs run a dedicated twisted pair to the PIR because if your gunna run a cable you might as-well do it properly to avoid any trouble

regs alex

Biggest problem I find with PIR cameras is getting a decent view without the angle of the PIR looking all wrong. most crim types, and even school kids know to look for the hole these days anyway.

I'd be inclined to stick to a good PIR, and find an alternative for the camera, Gardiners used to do a clock with a camera which was really good..

UTP such as cat5 is best, even without baluns, but I never have a problem with ordinary 8 core if the run is under about 25 yards. Theres no real advantage with foil screened 8 core, more of a disadvantage as the higher capacitance tends to attenuate the hf component of the signal quite noticably on a longer run than that anyway.

Archived