Security Installer Community

Pss Firequest Panel Advice

gundog

Blimey this topic has got very lively :rolleyes:

In reply to Mr firecommander I have been in the industry for 22 years so I would like to think I am an experienced engineer now. :whistle:

I wonder if PSS could explain why the most recent system failed? As I mentioned I did the RI myself so I cant blame any of my engineers. I did all my tests came back to the panel printed off the annolouge values and re instated the mains supply and the main panel sat healthy. I wen accross to the repeater panel to silence the buzzer ( this has always continued to buzz after the main panel was cleared). When I tried to silence the buzzer I noticed it had lost comms to the main panel so I returned to the main panel which was still clear of faults !! I eventually re booted the panel and found it had lost loop one completley. I swapped the loop cards over which proved the loop card was OK.

The system had been installed 2 years but had suffered many problems prior to us taking over so we decided that the best option was to install an alternative control panel.

The views in my posts are my personal views from the experience I have had which dates back as far as the Argus 5000 control panels.

As far as training is concerned I am afraid I would not be prepared to buy a panel just to obtain the training.

I did approach PSS at Firex several years ago which is where I experienced some very poor customer relations and a general attitude of they would not be willing to provide any technical support unless we installed PSS equipment on a regular basis.

Lets be nice to PSS as at least they ain't PMing members & admin threatening legal action if they say another word or give a rating for the system of less than 10 out of 10 & they have the balls to join up and discuss with us publically.

TSI gets over 40,000 page views a day now so our opinions/posts/replies (in public) are getting noticed (especially by spammers, lol) & I'd like to hear the reasons WHY manufacturers do things as they do especially when we feel it's poop.

:)

C.

P.S. - not directed at anyone just an opinion.

A service company is not going to want to purchase a panel to recieve training.

What do you charge for servicing?

Adi

I ment what do you charge for training, im a //.B.W.F.//.

PS

Said in a nice way. :)

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Before anyone has a pop at anyone on this thread I also think its good to see a manufacturer care about its products and how they are percieved by the trade. Lets keep this one going the way it was. You know whats its like to be a manufacturer cubit and how it can seem you cant win.

All of what we post is opinion, i post mine you post yours etc.

ps we get the FREE TRAINING thing now mate. ;)

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Before anyone has a pop at anyone on this thread I also think its good to see a manufacturer care about its products and how they are percieved by the trade. Lets keep this one going the way it was. You know whats its like to be a manufacturer cubit and how it can seem you cant win.

All of what we post is opinion, i post mine you post yours etc.

ps we get the FREE TRAINING thing now mate. ;)

James

It was the ethics i was concerned with James, assuming a certain was indeed true and legit.

PS.

Don't hold yer breath on the training. :whistle:

I wonder if PSS could explain why the most recent system failed? As I mentioned I did the RI myself so I cant blame any of my engineers. I did all my tests came back to the panel printed off the annolouge values and re instated the mains supply and the main panel sat healthy. I wen accross to the repeater panel to silence the buzzer ( this has always continued to buzz after the main panel was cleared). When I tried to silence the buzzer I noticed it had lost comms to the main panel so I returned to the main panel which was still clear of faults !! I eventually re booted the panel and found it had lost loop one completley. I swapped the loop cards over which proved the loop card was OK.

This particular case (without viewing it for myself and taking all nesseccery readings etc.) i would say that it sounds as if either the Memory enable link from the panel has be removed/or knock off, the keyswicth which in turn is the memory enable was not functioning correctly or the memory write enable link was not fully connected. Again with out being there first had it sounds as if the panel wasn't being told to look for a repeater or this information lost due to the above which in turn would give a comms fault at the repeater as it wasn't beeing sent information from the panel and the panel sitting normal.

"I eventually re booted the panel and found it had lost loop one completley. I swapped the loop cards over which proved the loop card was OK."

I'm not 100% on what you mean by this?

1. As fault with repeater.

2. Loop faulty.

3. Loop fuses blown.

4. Loop learnt of the panel while fuses blown.

5. Devices seen but not programmed.

6. Devices not seen/missing but programmed. :hmm:

How did you find a loop had gone?

Why were PSS not requested to site?

We are here to help and can attend sites with any parts required ready for instant swap over if found nesseccery to leave you with a fully working and 100% panel checked system. Most of the time parts arent required. And on our attendace you get a bit of training. :)

Site visits usually charged at

Archived